Proac 1sc/Response One Clones

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Matt & B

There are probably quite a few of people that would be interested in cloning the 1sc's. I would be willing to set up a website like the one for the 2.5's if we could collect enough information.

Matt:

we seem to have:

1) cabinet dimensions as on the audioclone website
2) same XO (very probable)

It would be very nice if you could share with us:

3) wood thicknes
4) if bitumen sheets are used to make the cabinet more dead
4) dimensions of port and placement

The woofer seems to be the problem: if its a matter of a phase plug then it dosent matter much, but it could be the case of the 2.5 where the woofer was really coutom made for Proac.

I have a pair of a special version of the MT14 with double VC which is not far form the Mt14. I will be getting a mic to do some measurements. Matt: can you measure the response on your speakers (woofer alone + combined)?

Seb

swak

I have all the info and pictures etc I don't have time at this reply to give it all but if you email me I will forward it to you for inclusion in a web site.

The driver is a custom unit it seems like the 2.5 but between us I would think we could devise something.

Haven't looked at the site Sreten suggests. Will do so when I have a bit more time.

Keep posting

Caps

Hi Guys, I would just like to chip in, that if you're going to build these, please don't skimp on the capacitors, I've just finished changing the 5uf caps from Solen to Hovland, ( still waiting for the 3.3uf to arrive) but even the change of 1 cap per speaker has brought about an enormous change in presentation, everything is better!, sorry if this sounds a little over the top, but I trust my ears ( they've kept me in work for 20 + years ).
I found an article on the net with a guy stating the difference between solen caps and pricey Hovlands wasn't great,
I couldn't disagree more strongly, when you think of what some people spend on cables, getting the guts of the speaker right is a no brainer.
I'll update this as I progress with the other cap change and probably Alpha core inductors.
I was thinking of Caddock resistors for the 5.6 ohm tweeter resistor, any comments?

Joined 2004
Paid Member
It looks like the supply of T14RCY woofers has dried up (thanks to this clone most likely), but I've been wondering if an even better variation could be done with the Excel driver W15CY001 or W14CY001 instead?

I've only built the Proac 2.5 clones and have no idea how to simulate/design this, so would like to kindly ask if anyone could tell me if the crossover designed by Troels Gravesen would need much reworking to use this driver instead

Here are the TS numbers for the 3 drivers
Driver T14RCY W15CY001 W14CY001
Size 13cm 15cm 14cm
VC 26mm 26mm 26mm
dB 86 86 87
W 60 70 70
Z 8 8 8
Re 5.7 5.5 5.4
Le 0.32 0.37 0.37
Ce 11 10 13
Fs 42 37 43
Vas 12 14 11
Qms 2.1 2.1 1.8
Qes 0.32 0.4 0.44
Qts 0.28 0.34 0.36
Xmax 3 4 4

Qms 2.1 2.1
Qes 0.32 0.4
Qts 0.28 0.34
Xmax 3 4

Here is the link to Troels' design:

http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/T14.htm

I already have a pair of the D2010/8513 tweeters (or will after I swap out the SS9500 in my 2.5 clones), so would like to be able to use these in another highly praised Proac speaker (R 1SC)

Thanks,

Stephen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.