• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Primrose(SumR Audio) Toroid GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
buzz

I assume the GB is now closed, so no chance of sneaking in some trafos from my side?

I tried going direct to Primrose, but the shipping is enormous.

This was Richard's quote to me:

Transformer: Cdn $ 162/e.

Postage to Strand, 7140, South Africa,

Two methods through Canada post:

1) Air mail: Cdn $ 226.00 .

2) Surface Mail ( transit time much longer) $ 116.00.

We live in a society that has been trained for same day delivery. In reality, that is a fairly modern notion. I am most certainly slanted that way. I can only give updates and don't remember saying this was quick alternative. I bought these for quality, as they will be going in my final amps. I believe they are worth the wait. I understand the excitement, but think you may be surprised how long it tskes to actually get these amps built.

I guess I should not have posted... I had that thought when I saw the date. Definitely not a complaint in any way, just got a chuckle out it when I thought of it and wanted to share.
I have not purchased heatsinks yet, still saving for them. I am very happy to have been able to get in on this, believe me!! I probably would not have considered these and here I am buying several!
Words cannot express how grateful I am to folks like buzzforb. Without you I would not have the opportunity to get these fine, fine things.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.