• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Primrose(SumR Audio) Toroid GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here you go.

Attachments

• JustinMar22A 001.jpg
    JustinMar22A 001.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 163
  • JustinMar22B 001.jpg
    JustinMar22B 001.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 164
Thanks! Interesting - same dimensions +/- encapsulation. Was expecting the fully encapsulated version to be somewhat larger.

I use SumR encapsulated trafos for headphone amps (need quiet) and they are great. My understanding is that as a final step they go into a polymer can that gets filled with liquid epoxy and cured solid.

Planning to use one for an F6.

BK

Looks good. I'd be up for the RC0400 922 4, but with dual primaries. Almost hard to believe those dimensions though.

Antek with similar specs is 125mm x 79mm, non-potted.

SumR with similar specs is 135mm x 70mm with potted and 120mm x 58mm without.

Can you verify one more time the dimensions?

Looks good. I'd be up for the RC0400 922 4, but with dual primaries. Almost hard to believe those dimensions though.

Antek with similar specs is 125mm x 79mm, non-potted.

SumR with similar specs is 135mm x 70mm with potted and 120mm x 58mm without.

Can you verify one more time the dimensions?

Maybe SumR uses higher quality steel core which enable smaller dimensions.

When asked the question, this is what Richard said.
The 50Hz group of 230Vprimary, may want a single primary. This is the group I was referring to.
However, if your North Americans want a single primary, now is the time. ( either 117V primary or 120V primary @ 60 Hz).

Richard

I like the idea of a single primary for no other reason than wire count, but it has to be specified up front.

Is there a difference between 117v and 120v primary?
In theory, there would be a small difference in the number of wire turns. Basically, it is SUPPOSED to be the AC voltage required to produce the nominal output @ specified load. So, (again in theory only), a transformer which can produce the specified output at a lower input voltage (115 or 117) would have been rated more conservatively than one which requires the input AC voltage to be 120 for the same output.

In practice, if you do your own testing, your results may not reflect the manufacturer's specifications, and for DIY audio, it may be pretty meaningless.

For something like an industrial/commercial product, it may be critically important. For example, you may want to know that your product will function when the customer who purchased it switched to emergency power to keep a line running, or shut it down in orderly fashion. In high speed offset printing, one sagging power supply could cause a $50,000 loss on a single line (something that has actually happened). On a rolling mill, it could kill an operator.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.