price??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Staying OT...

Was that the old Alpine? IIRC, it used a uPC12xx for the voltage amp and the signal could be inverted there. Seems like it's buried somewhere in the old school amp thread.

Funny you should bring it up. I dragged out an old A/D/S P40 that I've had for about 20yrs -never worked- and finally began to check it out last night. It uses uPC1270 with transistor followers, which made me wonder if you ever did bridge the Alpines.

1moreamp, could I talk you into posting something in the oldest amp thread?

Love to post but I really don't have much of anything that old nowadays, mostly vintage PG stuff. I have been around long enough, but I just did not save much from the good old days. If it was repairable or worked it was most likely sold or given away as newer more refined gear came to market. Thanks for asking I will poke around and see if I have any truly vintage stuff left over to post about...C

And yes any amp with a upc1270H can be bridged but it most likely was inverted by a single op-amp stage before the driver stage by my memory. but you could always sneak in a input swap around to the inverted input and most likely get away without issues. Just reverse the polarity on the speaker terminals and you would be good to go......:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.