Preamplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
We spend a long time tweaking the design, and believe that the design as it is now, performs just the way it is intended.
If we public the schematics, history shows that suddently the discussion is more schematics and technology than it sound and performance. That is one of the main reasons not to public the schematics.

However.... We will provide PCB-layout and BOM, so that anyone can build the preamp.

As Kurt and I wrote, the schematics wil not be public at this moment. Our goal is not to discuss schematics, but to achieve the best possible sonic performance.
At this moment we are very pleased by the sonic performance we acheived.

Anyone who feels like trying, can build the preamp themself. Quite a few DIY'ers here in Denmark did already, and the feedback that we get is very good.

For those more into dissecting schematics, this project really isn't the right one.

You can tell in short words
what this amplifier is about.
Opamp? Transistors? Output stage? etc etc

I think I did already do so.
But anyways:
It is discrete, bipolar, non NFB and with no caps in either signal path or powersupply - only 4 electrolytics for smoothing.
It features shuntregulators, DC servo´s, SMT and state of the art components througout.

A friendly observation:
hiding the schematic of a DIY project and simultaneously inviting people to build it is absurd (to put it mildly).
Many understand that as some kind of manipulation which automatically causes negative feelings towards a possibly good project. I doubt that anyone would take the bait...

Status
Not open for further replies.