Preamp ideas for F5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
jfet boz :)

Attachments

• IMG_7693.JPG
    IMG_7693.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 964
Hello,
I am building a Juma's pre (post 53 schematics).
Question about DC offset .... which is the acceptable value ??? I am able to adjust ch right to 0,0mV, but not able to go under 87,2 mV on Ch left. RGDS

0mV is what we aim for, but couple of mV up or down due to thermal drift is OK.

87mv is not acceptable - you have wrong value resistor soldered or, more probably, input JFETs are badly mismatched...

Resistor value is fine.
Yesterday I forgot to say that BC560 is B (not C). Is the BC560B/BC550C couple an issue ?
After several JFET/transistors swap (tried many combination i am actually at:
- CH left drifting from -8mV to +6mV (pot P1 is in the middle of the run)
- CH right drifting from +1mV to +18mV (pot P1 is at the end of the run)
............... better but not good enough i think

Fit the DC blocker at the input of the Power Amp.
There you have the Rin value and thus can sensibly select an appropriate cap value that gives the bandwidth that you want/need.

If you decide to fit an extra DC blocker in the Source, then at least make it optional, so that you can choose whether the power amp or the source has the more appropriate blocker. Remember you do not need dual DC blockers.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
ok, I always thought only alternative to no cap would be a servo curcuit dealing with DC
never considered no DC protection at all could be an option

well then, I guess you have to trust your curcuit 100% not to drift or fail and possibly pass DC
does not seem like that right now then

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.