Pre - Options

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All ,

been enjoying my amp while recovering from my hip replacement . I must say, a little bit off morphine mixed with already amazing sound has made the immobility pleasantly tolerable .

I have had the use of a X-2 and have been impressed with the improvement.
I would now like to build a pre , with 2 balanced inputs and an 1 RCA - balanced output .

Please can you give me some ideas of PCB's and possibilities. I separate of PSU
would be a good idea .

This is my second project so KISS please.

TIAA , Rich

Joined 2008
Paid Member
something like this

Attachments

• BalancedB1.jpg
    BalancedB1.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 418
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Wish you a speedy recovery aswell (due politeness before hijacking your thread for a post or two) :)

Whats the difference between a DCB1 and a stock one? What excactly does it mean to be dc coupled?

The DCB1 uses a + & - supply and can be used without input & output capacitors if your source and power amp have them and to boot sounds damn good. I belive Teabag still has boards.

Rich I believe people have built balanced versions of the DCB1 although not so easy with the Lightspeed I understand. I think Maximus has drawn up a schematic for one though.

Last edited:
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Say, have you considered ZenMod's Pumpkin? I've purchased a kit, its all you are talking about, balanced, etc., and watching you build one would be a godsend! A little selfish on my part, but this pre is bee's knees from what I hear. (and will drive F-4 if needed:D)

Russellc

Joined 2003
Paid Member
As I understand it should do both single end and balanced. What I have absorbed so far seems to indicate that XLR jacks should be used throughout, and if a single ended connection is contemplated, the appropriate pins are hooked together.

I was building it as I also contemplate a balanced F-5.

Russellc

Quote :can a kit be purchased from somewhere?:)

Sorry to but in.

You need to get to a Zen Post, click on the botom links.
that will take you to the articles and then once on the articles click on the Coky email addres and send him an.

E mail

:DSnag is that apparentley as Zen is to rich Paypall put a limit on is account.:D
Aniting abowe 1000,000,000, Serbians Smacalowicic they wont let him get.

So dosh burning hole in my pokets.

Maybe if you ask nice he will send you the parts and then you may send the dosh after.:headshot:
But this is just my Idea and as you know I am partialy not here or there (wakoo) don't realy espect that it may happens

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.