• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Pre-amp power iron advice??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
one other thing

The 6sn7 in my opinion only will sound much better than the 12ax7.. it is worth the bother.. if you look at the data sheets for the 6sn7 12ax7/12 at7 you may notice that they are very close to each other in their specs. My speculation is that the 12ax/at tubes where basically minaturisation of the 6sn7 and cost cutting blah blah. I will no doubt get flamed for this but hey its my theory ( i have another therory)
Go the distance on the 6sn7 you wont be dissapointed
Good Luck

Just got my filament transformer from a local shop, really appreciate the owner of the shop, great guy.

But anyway... they are a nice pair of Gardners GR 94171, potted, with built in fuse and metal can 6.3v @ 2A each. One per channel will do nicely ;).

Case is a little crowded for this amp now 9 large pieces of iron, 2 octal relays, 5Z4 and massive capacitor bank, think im overkilling it enough without the dual supply!

The build is commencing.

Cheers everyone

Craig

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.