PPI A600.2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Trying to upload a few, may not be clear enough but hopefully they help.

Attachments

• IMAG2387.jpg
    IMAG2387.jpg
    994.9 KB · Views: 127
  • IMAG2388.jpg
    IMAG2388.jpg
    991.9 KB · Views: 124
  • IMAG2389.jpg
    IMAG2389.jpg
    979.3 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
I have the previous one as well, have to pull the cover...

Well crap, the bit that fits must be at work. Already had the a600.2V2 opened for recapping (taking forever) but hadn't planned on recapping the a600.2V1 until I was confident it was doable.

Let me grab some allens and bits from work tomorrow to bring home and snap some pics.

Last edited:
Ok i think i have most of this amp figured out.

Only thing i cant figure out is the regulators.

Im assuming they are using 2N6488 and 6491 for the regulators.

They are using a transistor connected to a diode then to the regulator 1 transistor is a MPSA56 would the other transistor be a MPSA06? Q24 does anyone know?

The Q24 on the amp I posted second pics from is a n 06 with a gray face. It's close to C15.

Ok i think i have most of this amp figured out.

Only thing i cant figure out is the regulators.

Im assuming they are using 2N6488 and 6491 for the regulators.

They are using a transistor connected to a diode then to the regulator 1 transistor is a MPSA56 would the other transistor be a MPSA06? Q24 does anyone know?

ppia600:
I don't take in any work that has to be shipped to me.

With the old amps, you have to make clamps to hold the semis down tightly to adjust the bias.

You can always contact me via email. A link to my email is on virtually every page of all of my websites.

That's ok, didn't realize you couldn't do that. I can't remember the address you gave me when I sent the amp to get the transformer replaced, was it near Metairie? Either way, I don't make trips that way often. There are tons of places claiming to service them, I will try and find a professional shop with a good reputation.

As you can see there are 2 different boards with different part numbers and 1 transistor is blown on the board .

Also you can see someone replaced parts on 1 board

Wondering if these 2 different boards will work if i replace the transistor that's blown

Attachments

• IMG_0282.JPG
    IMG_0282.JPG
    617.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0283 (1).JPG
    IMG_0283 (1).JPG
    652.2 KB · Views: 52
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.