PowerPad and the ultra extreme headphone amp TPA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nicke said:
Hello Peranders.

Have you read this one?:
Another interesting article written by Walt Jung

Perhaps you should try it with AD8610 and the TPA 6120...

As long as a similar to Walt's is built and others compared to it...

Walt Jung is very picky with replacing parts on his designs. And I think he deserves some respect there.

When this design was published in Electronic Design he was very adamant on builders using those exact parts.

Carlos

carlmart said:

As long as a similar to Walt's is built and others compared to it...

Walt Jung is very picky with replacing parts on his designs. And I think he deserves some respect there.
Carlos

I´ll agree,what I meant was that it would(probably)be a better solution.

carlmart said:

When this design was published in Electronic Design he was very adamant on builders using those exact parts.

Carlos
Well,I use the AD744/811 as a preamp(exactly like Walt designed it and it works pretty good

:)

Nicke said:

Well,I use the AD744/811 as a preamp(exactly like Walt designed it and it works pretty good

Yes, that was his first implementation of the combo circuit.

In fact I must say the circuit I was talking about was a preamp that was similar to the one you mentioned, but used an AD812 in the second stage. It was published in ED in December 1998.

http://www.elecdesign.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=7206

I am curious to know if somebody built it and what were the findings.

Carlos

peranders said:

Nicke, I think you have misunderstood. TPA6120 is a standalone unit with extremely low distortion. You don't need any feedback to the AD8610.

Walts article was about something else.

What I meant was that it could be better to use something similar to Walt Jung´s circuit(with AD8610 & TPA6120) instead of using a AD8610 followed by a TPA6120,each with it´s own feedback loop.
Didn´t you intend to use a AD8610 before the TPA6120?
Why dont you try both ways...

Nicke said:

What I meant was that it could be better to use something similar to Walt Jung´s circuit(with AD8610 & TPA6120) instead of using a AD8610 followed by a TPA6120,each with it´s own feedback loop.
Didn´t you intend to use a AD8610 before the TPA6120?
Why dont you try both ways...

I agree with Nicke that perhaps you should try both ways and see which sounds better or has lesser problems.

Even if by now your project is probably too advanced for further tests.

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.