Powering speaker amplifier and switching power supply from one wall outlet

Hello, I have a kinda stupid question about powering my upcoming bluetooth speaker project. I decided to go with ICEpower 200ASC 200W amplifier board. The problem is that I will also need to power a DAC board and ESP32 for bluetooth connectivity. The 200ASC has 230 VAC input but I need DC voltage for the other components. Can I connect a switching power supply and the amplifier in parallel from the wall outlet? (I deeply apologize for my diagram, it's only for explanation purposes and it does not have ground wire). Thank you so much for help.
Diagram.jpg

Last edited:
Sure, why not? Mains power supplies are galvanically isolated, and it's not like adding a few watts for the ESP32 + DAC is going to overload the mains lead.

Note that carrying PE to the unit may prove helpful even if you are planning to keep things IEC Class II, namely if you notice that the SMPS mains filters are causing excessive mains leakage on your audio ground. A small Y class capacitor to PE (typically 4.7 nF) would reduce that problem then.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
So there won't be any problem running it from one C14 connector connected straight to one wall outlet? Even though the ICEpower amp has it's own power supply? Anyways thank you so much for your answer, it's my first time doing this so you are a huge help.