Powering IRS2092

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks!

I am going to buy a IRS2092. But how the heck am i going to transform my AC 220V house-outlet to something around 60V suited for the IRS2092?
Until now I have only used 12V Class D (TA2020&TA2024), and I am quite a noob yet.

I have searched the internet for hours and only found this:
Good PSU for L15D L20D L25D | eBay
But I am not sure if it's suited for a 220V AC input??

I hope you have a simple and cheap solution, thank you! :)

Hi folks!

I am going to buy a IRS2092. But how the heck am i going to transform my AC 220V house-outlet to something around 60V suited for the IRS2092?
Until now I have only used 12V Class D (TA2020&TA2024), and I am quite a noob yet.

I have searched the internet for hours and only found this:
Good PSU for L15D L20D L25D | eBay
But I am not sure if it's suited for a 220V AC input??

I hope you have a simple and cheap solution, thank you! :)

The IRS2092 is just the driver IC for an amplifier. It is not an amplifier itself.

Do you know anything about electronics, power supplies, and mains wiring? Unless you know what you are doing, you can kill yourself with electricity. Keep a healthy amount of caution about you.

It sounds like you are not experienced by what you have written. I suggest that you try to find and read some resources on amplifier power supplies and wiring, or just buy a commercial amplifier. DIY electronics is for people who know what they are doing. Dead people are not much fun.

-Charlie

The IRS2092 is just the driver IC for an amplifier. It is not an amplifier itself.

Do you know anything about electronics, power supplies, and mains wiring? Unless you know what you are doing, you can kill yourself with electricity. Keep a healthy amount of caution about you.

It sounds like you are not experienced by what you have written. I suggest that you try to find and read some resources on amplifier power supplies and wiring, or just buy a commercial amplifier. DIY electronics is for people who know what they are doing. Dead people are not much fun.

-Charlie

I do know a lot about computers, but YES I am new to the diy-audio-universe.

By reading several diy-audio threads and product descriptions on eBay, I was getting the impression that the IRS2092 could be used as a stand-alone amp, and not some sort of pre-amp?

And thank you for your concerns about me getting killed with electricity, but I have huge respect for this, and are always cautious when working with high-power devices.

What is the best choice as a cheap highpower amp would you say?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.