Power supply unit question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• img_1019.jpg
    img_1019.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 340
I was thinking about the tl494, its used in almost every computer psu, and its cheap in electronics stores.

it can drive 2 mosfets i think, but that seems ok, as i was thinking of making a half bridge smps design, wich uses 2 mosfets

can be even done to work on 240v input that way, id multiply the 120v, or leave the 240v like in europe ,can be done with a simple switch and a voltage multiplier

Super_bq, thats a very good idea, do you have any other case fans in youre pc? and at what temperatures is it running?

how many watts is your psu, and how many are you using?
(cd's, number of hdd's, ...)

Thank you Mr. Dieckmann for posting my pic. For some reason my the photo attachment didn't work.

Super_bq, thats a very good idea, do you have any other case fans in youre pc? and at what temperatures is it running?

Ilianh. The only other fan I have in this case is the CPU fan that came with it (Intel P4 - 2.4 gHz 533FSB). I am running this freeware program called "SpeedFan" and get the following readings:

Motherboard = 26°C
Hard Drive = 35°C
CPU = 40°C

I use SpeedFan to reduce the fan speed on the CPU - this way the computer stays on in my bedroom, and I can sleep at nights. The only thing I can really hear is the hard drive spinning (which i'm not gonna worry about). But I will say having this fanless SMPS made a WORLD of difference in noise.

how many watts is your psu, and how many are you using?

300 Watter. So far only running only 1 IBM HD and 1 32x12x48 CDR/RW. Also good to note i'm running Rambus memory RIMM and they are nortorious for running at high temperatures. I put together this box for home digital audio recording so i'm expecting more current draw from the PS to run my Steinberg "Nuendo Multiset" set.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.