Power supply output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
look again at post1 schematic.
C12 & C9 = CC
the resistances of the preceding wiring, power rectifier and transformer add up to the "r" that is often ignored.
That capacitor input filter is an RC filter but the R part is very small, written as rC or rCC in my previous posts where Members have not realised they have implemented an RC filter.

Find a Power Thermistor that has significant energy absorption and can tolerate a starting voltage differential of 460Vpk. There will be some.

I can add a power thermistor in series after the rectifier before the capacitors.

As I say, I'm no expert and always curious -
430V anode is for PP operation.
Adding a series resistor will reduce the voltage but will vary according to current draw.
This is typically done to feed pre-amplifier stages operating in class A, constant current.
If PP is operating in class B then current is not constant. Long periods of high output would cause voltage to sag more. Popular I have heard in guitar amps for effect. Don't know OPs application.

As I say, I'm no expert and always curious -
430V anode is for PP operation.
Adding a series resistor will reduce the voltage but will vary according to current draw.
This is typically done to feed pre-amplifier stages operating in class A, constant current.
If PP is operating in class B then current is not constant. Long periods of high output would cause voltage to sag more. Popular I have heard in guitar amps for effect. Don't know OPs application.

depends, classA and that will be constant, class AB and there will be sag as you push the amp to higher powers...

do not worry too much, you can run your output stage at 380 volts and you may not hear any different, since most of the listening will most likely be done at the 2 to 5 watt levels anyway...

i always look out for the actual plate dissipation of the output tubes,
not just voltage alone.....

Learn to do the arithmetic. It's not difficult.

i used arithmetic to predict the raw DC voltages.....
if you have a raw, or unloaded voltage of say 440vdc,
then right there and then you know that that will never go
any higher, it will only go down in values and significantly
lower, that is the nature of tube power supplies...
those with actual tube diy experience will tell you this much....
an actual tube amp, that is a different ballgame, i deal with actual voltages and currents, adjusting tube bias adjusts the B+.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.