Power supply idea

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Proof is in the pudding, Sy. I'm sure you have a set of approximately 10-20mH (identical pair) 0.5 to 1 watt inductors sitting around. Attach them to the PS rail side of the emitters on a tube preamp circuit. Then listen. Note the difference. Then try and figure out what the heck is going on. I mean, exactly what the heck is an SMPS anyway, right? Is it a current driven voltage ramping system?

It's not like I'd be making fame and fortune here, but I am proposing to potentially look like an idiot. Why not. Gotta do something with my time today. :xeye:

" ... an inductor resists any changes in the field or 'matrix of energy' that is established throughout it's physical space that it occupies, and the immediate area surrounding it. ... Inductors store energy. A field is always in them. ..."

Yes, changes to your Local Field or "matrix of energy" or changes to the surrounding magnetic field strength and flux density in your area, in your laboratory and in your village. Yes, an inductor can "store" energy ... and release it, filter it and disperse it.

Points to explore:

The inductor by itself does not necessarily have much effect on its surroundings ... unless and when "activitated" by a dynamic, electromagnetic or electrostatic charge (AC fluxuating charge or DC static charge), the inductor may react to it ... the results being depending on its design and react either internally (heat) or externally (radio energy) or both. Your example: the inductor is attached at one end to a relatively steady DC charge, which "activates" it with what amounts to a "static" charge of electrons, relative to its surroundings (the Local Field, "matrix of energy").

The inductor, when "activated" may interact with and/or "broadcast" into the surroundings in many different ways. It may "sink" or "source" an amount of electro magnetic flux, the density of which would be dependant on the power of the static charge, the field strength of the surroundings (Local Field), the dynamics of any "noise" riding on or modulating the static charge on the inductor, the design and orientation of the inductor and the length (and diameter) of the leads.

"... Only at the super fast propogational rate of 80% of lightspeed, does the open ended inductor actually operate as this freaky regulation circuit. ..." Well, the propagation rate being the speed of electrons in a metal conductor is the one constant we are dealing with here. If a charge "imbalance" occures, it will be "neutralized" or dispersed at this speed, not necessarily in a "freaky" fashion, but in complience with the methodologies described by Maxwell, Tesla, Einstein and many others = the speed of light in the ether, in free space, in a vacuum tube in the atmosphere and in metal conductors being different in each case, but constant ... the "C" in E = M * C squared. ("That's the way God planned it, that's the way God wants it to be ..." - a Billy Preston song.)

The surroundings may also affect (or have an effect on) an inductor that is "activated" or holds a static or dynamic charge. Nicoli Tesla discovered that the "Local Field", the "matrix of energy" is a very active place, indeed. His experiments in Colorado indicated that the Earth's atmosphere is charged with a static Field to the extent of some several hundred volts per meter of height above the Earth's surface ... that's hundreds of thousands of volts per kilometer, although of very little power (a few micro Amperes of current) ... except during interesting atmospheric conditions:

He was also able to determine an oscilating electromagnetic flux in the range of around 400 cycles per second (Htz), that is caused by the sum total of lightning strikes, world wide. Over the whole world, lightning strikes the Earth, either striking the ground or another part of the Earth's atmosphere, with millions of volts each time. This happens, world wide, at a measurable rate (frequency) around 400 times per second, around a musical A flat. This is measurable in any laboratory. This is what originally lead electronic engineers to design early switching power supplies and other ocsilating devices to resonate around this frequency, in anticipation of becoming somewhat "parasitic" of the Local Field, the atmosphere, the "aether or ether" ... hoping to gain some "free" energy. (Early on, Tesla lobbied for this frequency to be a primary in his alternating current power distribution plans, knowing full well that this was possible and had these advantages.)

I believe that some of your interesting observations about a monopole antenna "loaded" with a coil (an inductor attached at one end only with an unattached antenna like lead = recognized by hams as a useful, tunable coil loaded radio antenna). It might very well be that you are obtaining a nice supplimental filter to your power supply, the "noise" riding on the PS DC voltage being converted into heat and broadcast energy, radiated away from the PS rail ...

Keep experimenting ... You may actually achieve similar results to the fellow in Washington state who motored around his small lake using only an electric motor and a large, heavy, specially wound coil for a power source, the lake acting as his ground plane and the coil as his power source "antenna" ... or that farmer in Indiana who was stopped from powering his dairy farm with energy "stolen" from the power lines running across his property using a long, multi turn coil hung from poles adjacent to the power lines.

I do believe that "over unity" electrical energy (power) may be found in our world ... but consider the sailboat as well.

:smash:

"It would be better if we could communicate using recognized scientific and engineering terminology, otherwise we are just wasting each other's time ... " - Dr. Duncan Poland when asked by a witch why he would not pay much attention to her arguments.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Ken,
For an inductor, or piece of wire for that matter, to operate as an inductance there must be a current that flows through it. This implies an electrical circuit that may include radiating energy into the surrounding space as part of that circuit. At audio and low RF frequencies the impedance is so high that it swamps out any inductive component of what you are trying to do.

You might be picking up energy that is injected into your circuit that may interact to give you the effects that you are seeing. Try your experiment in a different geographic region as well.

-Chris

Well, I don't know what to say, other than what I have said. It's all there in black and white. I'm not using an inductor like an inductor. I'm using it like a capacitor. Easy enough to understand. This - at near, at, and above propogational velocities only. It's all obscenely basic.

All one has to do, is to have the gumption to hook up a set of small signal inductors in the manner I have proposed, and give it a shot. Not much more can be said. This has got to be about the most bloody simple test one can imagine. If one does not think that propogational velocities count in audio, then all one has to do, is hook up similar inductors in a circuit in a similar manner, and have a listen.

I'm hearing a difference, and now I will ponder on whether it is a meaningful difference or not, and whether it is of any use or not. So far, I'm unsure. There you go. The best solutions are almost always the simplist. And that's my :2c:

long story, but I tend not to use measurement devices unles I absolutely have to. Heck, truth be known, I don't even own a working scope. Does that means I'm not serious? No. It means I spend more of my time on theory, and devising simple experiments to illustrate what I'm attempting to understand. I think it is a far more difficult way to go, in the final analysis. I do it this way because it amuses me to do it the seemingly hard way, not ego, bluff, or insanity. Not ignorance attempting to remain ignorant. No, quite the opposite. For me it is actually easier to do it that way. I don't need the bulk of the measurements to understand something. I think it is a good idea to understand how to do things without the instruments. If you think about the time that mankind has survived and done amazing things without these modern instruments, then you'll be a bit nearer to where I am.

So, sorry! no analysis, not that most would recognize, at least. Apologies.

Like the Witch, I would correctly argue that the Witch has been here far longer, 1000's upon 1000's of years, in fact. And the scientist had better learn to speak Witch, if it wants to get anywhere in it's understandings of the Witch. For the Witch has much to offer, likely more than the scientist is capable of understanding, and the scientist should remove it's blinders and understand that. :)

It is also fun to gently poke at people by coming up with funky things-strictly with extensive thought process (visualization) and then a single experiment. Look Ma, no hands!

To state it in a way that is less likely to irritate folks, I simply do what works for me. I expect no different from the next guy.

" ... I don't even own a working scope. Does that means I'm not serious? No. ..."

Roger that! Too bad you don't live down here in the lower 48, perfectly good, used, military spec 10 to 100 MegaHtz 'scopes can be found surplus for US$50 or less ... some of 'em are chuck full of really great 12AX7 tubes: the choice of every serious audio tuby type ... but shipping to wilds of Canada might set you back some since these beauties weight too much for me to pickup without straining some catsup >> 100 pounds ... otherwise I would send you one of my spare ones ...

The lack of a 'scope certainly does not mean that you are not capable of the discovery of important information useful to all of us ... subjective evidence is accepted in this experimenters' discussion arena all the time.

:smash:

" ... Like the Witch, I would correctly [?] argue that the Witch has been here far longer, 1000's upon 1000's of years, in fact. And the scientist had better learn to speak Witch, if i[he] wants to get anywhere in i[his] understandings of the Witch. ..."

The point was to understand the truth, not the witch, and the grandfather clause does not always apply to newer technologies. Consider that the Catholic Church put Galileo behind bars for claiming that the planets moved around the Sun, and being a Vieneese of German decent, it didn't do him any good to learn and speak the native latin in Church's court ... and he apparently was right and the Church apparently wrong, dispite the Church being established for more than a thousand years in Galileo's time.

" ... It is fixed and incombustible like a stone, but it's appearance is like that of a very fine white powder. ..."

Speaking of subjective evidence, all of the product of The Stone that I have ever witnessed has been a fine red, crystaline powder = "The Red Lion" ... :apathic:

FastEddy said:
" ... I don't even own a working scope. Does that means I'm not serious? No. ..."

... some of 'em are chuck full of really great 12AX7 tubes: the choice of every serious audio tuby type ...

:shhh: :yes: :shhh: :yes: :shhh:

I'm sure you know this already..but...those are, many times, the best tubes that money can buy. About as select and low noise as it is possible to find. Some of them are in the are of 1 out of 1000, or better, in terms of 'select' quality. Specifically the front end tubes. Yummy! Stop telling these guys things they don't need to know. Many have obscenely low hours, as they may have been re-furbed..and then put on the shelf.

A big 100meg tektronix might have over 20 vintage mint 12ax7/6dj8 tubes, all milspec hand select. so, those 20 tubes might and likely will be the best out of 5 to 10k tubes. ( I might be exaggerating, but not by much! If at all!) Depending on who put that puppy together. (military, research, lab, etc) But the front end tubes are definitely worth their weight in gold.

The problem with my tektronix scope? It's tube based, and has been stripped for the Amperex bugleboys 6dj8's.

I'm listening to them right now.

If you put one of those units near me..I WILL eventually strip it. I'll get more use out of the tubes than the scope. I have to buy solid state, as the tube units -for me- are like a pound of coke to a druggie..just sitting there..waiting to be snorted....and those tektronix modules slip out with a simple turn of the screw..and then....those tubes, are like, right in front of you...and...

It's my third tube unit. None of them survived.

" ... A big 100meg tektronix might have over 20 vintage mint 12ax7/6dj8 tubes, all milspec hand select. so, those 20 tubes might and likely will be the best out of 5 to 10k tubes. ( I might be exaggerating, but not by much! If at all!) ..."

I've got two of those old (working, but not very well) Techtronics 'scopes from Korean War Navy surplus, those big rack mounted honkers more than 50 years old ... so most of the tubes are no longer "select". (I also have a wooden foot locker full of replacement tubes, also mil spec, that have never been used ... but these are decades old as well and would have to be tested and "selected" to be of any value.)

Since my favorite, gotta have tube pre-amp ( http://mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Rectifier_Series/RectoPreAmps/RectoPreAmp.html ) uses 'em, I'll probably keep 'em.

:apathic: ... http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/images/smilies/shhh.gif

dw8083 said:

Actually it is "proof in is the putting". "Proof is in the pudding" was used by Bill Cosby in the early 70's Jello pudding commercials as a pun.

...now your powersupply should work. :rolleyes: :D

-David

Now that you mention it, yes. I remem ber those adds.

As for the thingie-ma-bob. I slap an inductor on the table and pronounce (avec madness in my eyes)- "I have created a new circuit!" And then walk away cackling madly.

Or, conversely, some of you may read it as:"Just lick this here spoon, and stick it to your forehead, and you will gain supreme intelligence! No, really! Watch..I'll show you...."

That this much fun can be had for so low a price.

~~~~~~~~
It's not much of a power supply. Think of it as a 'maxwellian regulator'.

Spoke to an engineer and ham enthusiast the other day about this exact thing. I had sold him something on fleabay, and took a few seconds of his time to run through this with him. He said it made pefect sense to him. Of course he turned out to be a Tesla enthusiast. He said any RF engineer knows this inside out. It's the idea of it's application, in this singular and open ended way, that is different. Whooda thunk it, kinda thing. In RF it would be a no-go, unless it was a specific bizarre antenna application. In this case, it is ultilized in the proposed manner-for audio.

I do note that about 1100 people have read this thread (as it was separated from another, and 1100 views are entirely independent.)

This is a tough crowd. A incredibly hard place to come along and propose such a thing.

I also note that no one has come in here and taken a giant dump on me. In this case, silence is a good thing. :D

Tesla was rarely, if ever wrong, and I'm being polite, I don't know of one single time that Tesla was wrong. (I don't know for sure, so I'm covering that base) He was and is just misunderstood by folks who have a hard time interpreting things he was deliberately not clear on. One cannot be angry with him, he just had the common sense to protect his work and ideas. If he said something was possible-it was-and is. In the factual sense, not theoretical. And with the tools of his time.

As well, Newton was an alchemist. Only a tiny bit of Newton's prodigious output was on science. The bulk of his work lies elsewhere. What man did Newton have the utmost respect for- more than anyone in the entire world? None other than the man in my signature. Alchemists, BTW have not a single thing to do with turning lead into gold. Possible, but only in modern times, mostly. Difficult at best. The lead-into-gold thing was a distraction, meant to divert the fools from the true aim, it was a deliberate false path. Call it an idiot filter, if you will. They were doing slow chemical-reaction versions of what today might be termed 'cold fusion', which literally only last week was shown to be possible-and measured. As per the usual--at the same time, we will discover that many have been doing exactly that- for milennia. Trade secrets and all that. Looking at history in a different light, etc. Like we always end up doing. The trick is to get over yourself, and do it before the next guy. Ie, dismiss your inehrent prejudice. That's how you win at the game.

" ... He said it made pefect sense to him. Of course he turned out to be a Tesla enthusiast. He said any RF engineer knows this inside out. It's the idea of it's application, in this singular and open ended way, that is different. Whooda thunk it, kinda thing. In RF it would be a no-go, unless it was a specific bizarre antenna application. In this case, it is ultilized in the proposed manner-for audio. ... I don't know of one single time that Tesla was wrong. ... "

Exactly ...

" ... Newton was an alchemist. ... Alchemists, BTW have not a single thing to do with turning lead into gold. ... The lead-into-gold thing was a distraction, meant to divert the fools from the true aim, it was a deliberate false path. ... "

Not exactly ...

" ... dismiss your inehrent prejudice ... Our stone, is nothing but Gold digested to the highest degree of purity and subtle fixation. ..."

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.