power supply for my single ended amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here's the confirmation RS Components Online ChinaDescription: C878B Metallised Polypropylene Capacitors - Electronic Components, ... Electrical Capacitors, Motor Run: Standards: EN 60252 ARCOTRONICS ...
www.rsonline.cn/electronic-components-cn/indexb58.html - 36k - In cache - Gelijkwaardige pagina's

Radionics Online IrelandRadionics: C878B Metallised Polypropylene Capacitors, Motor Run, ... and motor run applications ARCOTRONICS C878BF34200SA0J C878BF34400SA0J C878BF34800SA0J ...
www.radionics.ie/electronic-components-ie/index162.html - 44k - In cache - Gelijkwaardige pagina's

RS Components Online DanmarkC878B Metallised Polypropylene Capacitors, Motor Run, Electrical Capacitors ... up caused by abnormal operation ARCOTRONICS C878BF34200SA0J C878BF34400SA0J ...
www.rscomponents.dk/electroniske-komponenter-dk/indexb149.html - 67k - Toegevoegde

Simon

What surprises me is the 'lebensdauererwartung' on the datasheet you provide; I thought oil caps had almost infinite life (I've got lots of ex-industry caps, dirty and dented that work flawlessly) ---- 30000 hours isn't really impressive. I tend to think that the datasheet is rather pessimistic about the life expectancy, not that it's a bad cap. Maybe someone else can elaborate here.

Perhaps its a conservative 30,000 hour life under nasty industrial conditions. At what temperature and currents was it expected to last 30,000 hours?

Maybe theyd like to sell you more perfectly good caps after 30,000 hours /shrug. My printer lies about its $4,000/gallon ink status all the time...

Klimon said:
Here's the confirmation RS Components Online ChinaDescription: C878B Metallised Polypropylene Capacitors - Electronic Components, ... Electrical Capacitors, Motor Run: Standards: EN 60252 ARCOTRONICS ...
www.rsonline.cn/electronic-components-cn/indexb58.html - 36k - In cache - Gelijkwaardige pagina's

Radionics Online IrelandRadionics: C878B Metallised Polypropylene Capacitors, Motor Run, ... and motor run applications ARCOTRONICS C878BF34200SA0J C878BF34400SA0J C878BF34800SA0J ...
www.radionics.ie/electronic-components-ie/index162.html - 44k - In cache - Gelijkwaardige pagina's

RS Components Online DanmarkC878B Metallised Polypropylene Capacitors, Motor Run, Electrical Capacitors ... up caused by abnormal operation ARCOTRONICS C878BF34200SA0J C878BF34400SA0J ...
www.rscomponents.dk/electroniske-komponenter-dk/indexb149.html - 67k - Toegevoegde

Simon

Ahh, here we have the proof.
Thanks for finding this, Simon!

JH.

Tweeker said:

Perhaps its a conservative 30,000 hour life under nasty industrial conditions. At what temperature and currents was it expected to last 30,000 hours?

Maybe theyd like to sell you more perfectly good caps after 30,000 hours /shrug. My printer lies about its $4,000/gallon ink status all the time...

Well, that's more than 3 years of continuous operation, which means more than 20 years of practical use in my hifi and home studio.

And I don't run it on AC - just DC with a little bit of AC on top.
(I don't use it as a reservoir cap; it's the capacitor after the source follower for smoothing the HT.)

JH.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.