Power Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you're really on a budget and want something quick and easy yet reliable that will match those speakers, you can consider using one low-power chip amp for each driver and design your own active crossover. So you'd build 6 incredibly simple amps and build some filters into the front-ends. But you might have to replace those neutrik connectors on the speakers with the 6-conductor variety. You might be able to bridge two chip amps to mono for one 15" driver if you think it's necessary. Start by looking at LM3886 amps.

Here it's easier to find a used Nady amp or some other unpopular brand for cheap on eBay. I saw a Nady yesterday with a buy-it-now price of $75.

If you have access to old unwanted used receivers (perhaps with bad front-end or bad tuner), you can salvage power supply and power amps sections for really cheap, and with active crossovers you might get away with anything > 100 watts per driver.

Last edited:
Hey i have already read that thread some of the replies notified me that amp was not good enough for producing treble etc did you try that amp
Hi Charlespt
greetings TEF 500 is good clean sounding amp for those ahuja speakers
making one for my friends band 12 pairs each ch i will post pics its almost ready
warm regards
andrew lebon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.