Power amp under development

Hi Mr. quasi , can we do this circuit with IRFP 250 and maximum how many we can add in parallel how much d.C. voltage we can give for safe and contunious running for 2 ohm load. Vedmitraa .If you wish you can reply me on my id that is Vedmitraa@gmail.com

Hi normally you can use each N Channel Mosfet for this design......

Im using IRFP460

- use stronger driver like MJE15030 - 34 or 2SC4793 because you will have high gate capacite with paralleling

- for +/- 100V use DC 6 - 8 pairs IRFP460 / iRFP 250 will work too check max. power dissipation

- running 2 ohm load will work with this amp, but its waste of energy and materials because class AB has about only 50 % efficiency

use DIY Class D for 2 OHM / check thread UCD 2 mosfets 1200W

need some help

Hi guys,

Here is the PCB of Quasi DC detect with added clipp detection. I hope someone will found it usefull. I found clipp detection circuit on Marshall Leach websait: http://users.ece.gatech.edu/~mleach/lowtim/graphics/clip.pdf .

Regards,
Miodrag Pejin

Hi Miodrag
this clipping detector it's working whit yor nmos350 and what V rail you use whit your amp?
i am ask you this because i wanna use this clipping detector on my nmos350
my transformer is 2x60vac 1000 VA and do i need to change resistor value on clipping schematic if i use high voltage trans?
and one more question what transistor i shoud use to replace those mps8099 and mps8599 ?

thank you in advance !

Attachments

• Nmos200TO247layout&Tracks.pdf
    194.1 KB · Views: 399
  • Nmos200-TO247schematic.pdf
    58.1 KB · Views: 359

Attachments

• nmos200.jpg
    nmos200.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 866
use this files
remember if you use press and peel method first file is ok but if you use some other method you might need to mirror the file

hi maxente
thank u for ur pcb.
which software u desigh this?
did u made this amp.?
how is the sound and for long run how is the thermal of outputs.
for max volume power how much power speaker u use., i mean ohms and watts.
if it high power cant check in indoor.
u checked in indoor or outdoor.?

hi nazirdigi

hi maxente
thank u for ur pcb.
which software u desigh this?
did u made this amp.?
how is the sound and for long run how is the thermal of outputs.
for max volume power how much power speaker u use., i mean ohms and watts.
if it high power cant check in indoor.
u checked in indoor or outdoor.?

i use eagle software for pcb
i didn't create this version of the pcb i just add another pair of irfp's on it
my version is with one pair irfp 240 and i use v rail of +/- 32vcc 300VA toroid transformer the power is around 50w because of low v rail
i use cerwin.vega speakers 2x200w/8ohm
at high power the heatsink is worm the sound is very clear
you can build this version of pcb with two pair of irfp it's the same compaired with one pair version but do not exceed v rails of +/- 50 vcc as quasi said (you might change first stage transistors and some value resistor if you increase over +/- 50 vcc check nmos350 schematic)
now i wanna build nmos350 version
i have a transformer of 1000VA 2x60 vac and i planned to use on this version because i love the sound of this simple cheap amp

i use eagle software for pcb
i didn't create this version of the pcb i just add another pair of irfp's on it
my version is with one pair irfp 240 and i use v rail of +/- 32vcc 300VA toroid transformer the power is around 50w because of low v rail
i use cerwin.vega speakers 2x200w/8ohm
at high power the heatsink is worm the sound is very clear
you can build this version of pcb with two pair of irfp it's the same compaired with one pair version but do not exceed v rails of +/- 50 vcc as quasi said (you might change first stage transistors and some value resistor if you increase over +/- 50 vcc check nmos350 schematic)
now i wanna build nmos350 version
i have a transformer of 1000VA 2x60 vac and i planned to use on this version because i love the sound of this simple cheap amp

thank u for ur reply maxente

Hi all quasi amp fan, tomorow i fired up my Nmos200.

Previous steps of construction process :

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/43331-power-amp-under-development-341.html#post2024438

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/43331-power-amp-under-development-358.html#post2240671

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/43331-power-amp-under-development-359.html#post2272898

The amp has been fonctionnaly finised today. I need only to close the case with 3 aluminium sheet. Front and back panel has been varnished and polished.

p1030113.jpg

p1030111.jpg

p1030116.jpg

I finish internal wiring to

p1030114.jpg

So this afternoon with construction process was ended i followed with setting up process through 100r/10r resistors. I didn't experiment difficulty to proceed setting

p1030115.jpg

p1030110.jpg

After that done i placed the fuse on Nmose board and checked one latested time Offset

p1030118.jpg

And placed the amp on my main system just to verify the amp sounds since my two children was sleeping so i just put my fetish "lisa Ekdhal : back to earth". All seems to go rigth and the feww i heard pleased me very well...

p1030117.jpg

Marc

Last edited:
Quasi,

Do you have a bom for your nmos series and the actak series amplifiers? I am trying to order parts and its hard to tell if a cap poly,mylar, etc and whether the resistors are 1/4,1/2, or higher power units. It would be a great help and I would appreciate it.PM or email or post, doesn't matter.

Thanks for all you do for DIY,

Fcrawley

I am a beginner,when I've read the whole 372 pages with difficulty,I think that I about learn the Quasi.
I have made 2 1969M classAB amplifiers, It's nice but with low out power. Then i want to biuld NMmos500 or Atrk600 at higher V rail supply.
Forgive my poor english and thanks for Qusai and everybody!

Nmos200 problem

Can anyone here help me, on how to solve this problem?

Been running Nmos200 almost 2 years. Now when during cd playing without increasing the volume, there is sound out of one channel. This is like when I increase the volume to listen. But the other channel is quite.
When the cd is stopped, the amp is very quite on both channel(which is normal)

Thank you,
Raj