Power amp under development

Last edited:
hi nmos
greetingsdo u have pcb filesfor making youramp want to make it hoping you can help me
thanking you
andrew lebon

YES have remove crowbar and so on

and add Over current protection (look 1703 Quasi posting) + relay Turn on and DC protection

Any complaints for faults ?

Who want PCB gerber files ? ... email me

regards

Attachments

• PCB NMOS 29.01.2011.pdf
    130.1 KB · Views: 492
  • Schematic NMOS 29.01.2011.pdf
    38.7 KB · Views: 417
Hey AndrewT;

A tidy way of winding a toroid?

Probably, but this doesn't apply to my efforts. Here is how I do it. I figure it don't matter as long as the wire is tight. Anyway no-one will know once the tape is replaced.

The winding going on in this pic is over another secondary I wound last night. See, once the tape is on it's hard to see the work quality anyway....

Ok everybody...let me have it!

Cheers

PCB layout to etch

Hi,

i like the latest posting of the NMOS amplifier good work everyone really good designs i'd like to get a pcb layout i can etch the one on page 365 doesn't seem to have that. I am also going to use the IRFP264 mosfets they seem pretty good and i have a batch of them lying around ready to use so i can't wait to bang one of these amps together and give it a good run. the other question i have is about heat. should a amplifier keep warm or run that way and why does T8 transistor be mounted in the heatsink what the reason behind having to do that. Is there any reason why you can't just put a flag heatsink on it and let it sit on the board all by its lonesome. If you put a fan on the heatsinks and run them every time the amp is on does this run the amplifier to cold. Just a few questions i had about the amp iam looking forward to putting a one of the latest NMOS500 together with the protection circuits on the board will be great to get the pcb layouts to etch thanks. Look forward to reading you guys replys
:D

pcb dimensions of nmos500 and power supply for protection circuits

hi

One other question i had i couldn't find the exact dimension of the nmos500 amplifier pcb board so i can etch the exact size if i decide to do that particular layout design on quasi's site. Another question i was wondering about do most people here if running a 24v fan run it of the same winding or transformer as a preamp is running on or do most people put a seperate small transformer in to run the cooling fans and protection circuits i was mainly curious on the power supply schemes most people are using to run the preamp sections and protection circuits on the most of these power amplifiers that are made once again thanks for your input.:D