Power Acoustik BAMF5500, no output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Replace the defective regulator components and confirm that you have the proper output voltage. Do this with the audio driver board out of the circuit.

If the voltage is OK, reinstall the driver board. If there is no excessive current draw, carefully monitor the temperature of the SMD ICs on the driver board. If none overheat quickly, check for audio. There's a a good chance that the driver IC was damaged on the driver board but you'll have to power it up to determine if it's working properly, or not.

Replace the defective regulator components and confirm that you have the proper output voltage. Do this with the audio driver board out of the circuit.

If the voltage is OK, reinstall the driver board. If there is no excessive current draw, carefully monitor the temperature of the SMD ICs on the driver board. If none overheat quickly, check for audio. There's a a good chance that the driver IC was damaged on the driver board but you'll have to power it up to determine if it's working properly, or not.

Perry, will do.

Perry,
I'm having a delima on finding a replacement part, the part number on the original part is UTC TIP41CL, I can find a TIP41C from smt and fairchild, they are similar but I cannot find a datasheet on the UTC TIP41CL to compare to. Would either of these be suitable?

Thanks

I also have a transistor marked KB631K, not sure is this is a 2s or not, I think it's a KTB631K but not sure.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.