• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential Other Group Buys related to EUVLs F5X

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Option 1) 1100 Yen (Approx $14.2US) 24k Gold-Plated
Option 2) 1500 Yen (Approx $19.4US) Rhodium-Plated

MarkLai Option 2 X 10pcs
Johnwmclean Option 2 X 1pce
JBdV Option 2 x 2 pcs
ashaw Option 2 x 2 pcs
NicMac Option 2 x 2 pcs
APK Option 2 x 2 pcs
alazira Option 2 x 1 pce
Westley Option 2 x 2 pcs
mravinsky Option 2 x 2 pcs
pmchoong Option 2 x 1pc
smyslow Option 2 x 1 pcs
heinz1 Option 2 x 2 pcs
pchw Option 2 x 1 pc
studley option 2 x 2 pcs

I included the F5X column because Jan mentioned that:
1. He only got 40 sets or so, and
2. He would resell this the gangs in this GB.

I am sure there will be more demand than the amount Jan is willing to sell.
So, this column will help if he wants to give the GB gangs priority. At the end,
it will be Jan's decision even though I created the spreadsheet :)

you guys should seriously consider the cardas XLR sockets imo, i have a set of 4 rhodium furutech connectors here that have sat here unused for well over a year, as i feel the fit and finish is crap, especially for the money. the cardas on the other hand are cheaper, look a bit bling for using with mounting outside, but mounting inside they look, fit and work excellent, they also have multipurpose pcb or panel mounting pins and fit the standard neutrik panel cutout.

The furu IEC are ok, i have a few, but the plating scratches off pretty easily, although that might have something to do with the oyaide IEC cable connector as its a very firm fit. overall though i feel the furu stuff is overrated. i wish oyaide made panel sockets to match the cable connectors, those have some seriously good build quality and finishing.

John, Tom has also done the same, he bought the gold furutech XLR sockets and isnt using them either, has bought the cardas after seeing mine. the printing on them is even off angle, all of them are slightly different. that is NOT what i expect of a connector you pay that much for

Last edited:
Option 1) 1100 Yen (Approx $14.2US) 24k Gold-Plated
Option 2) 1500 Yen (Approx $19.4US) Rhodium-Plated

MarkLai Option 2 X 10pcs
Johnwmclean Option 2 X 1pce
JBdV Option 2 x 2 pcs
ashaw Option 2 x 2 pcs
NicMac Option 2 x 2 pcs
APK Option 2 x 2 pcs
alazira Option 2 x 1 pce
Westley Option 2 x 2 pcs
mravinsky Option 2 x 2 pcs
pmchoong Option 2 x 1pc
smyslow Option 2 x 1 pcs
heinz1 Option 2 x 2 pcs
pchw Option 2 x 1 pc
studley option 2 x 2 pcs
vitalica Option 2 x 10 pcs

yeah i misread the post at first as talking about the furu XLR and didnt edit the first bit in time, which i reckon are overpriced crapola so felt strongly enough to warn you before realizing you were talking iec.

even neutrik are much better i think. as far as IEC there really arent that many good options for upgraded sockets and furutech is one of the better ones. i bought the FI-09R and was annoyed at how easily the first one lost its plating right down to the copper, but the replacement seems better, so it might have just been a one off bit of bad luck. i like their one with the integrated fuse holder, the FI-03, but needs a non-standard hole

are you guys having a GB for pure silver fuses as well? :devily:

for IEC cable mount i prefer the oyaide than furu by a wide margin, but i suppose you will get an even better deal if you get bulk connectors from them as well. wattgate are a good midlevel option. in this area i'm more of a sucker for build quality than any other factor

at the above price i'm even tempted to grab a couple of the rhodium iec if its open to non case buyers

a word of warning though guys, the main problem i have with all of the furu stuff is the tolerances are not so great, so i would watch that considering the effort spend on machining the case.

Last edited:
I have double checked my PM box and updated the spreadsheet accordingly.

For now I have decided to sell 30 quads.

When I do the triple point check in order to improve the matching, how should I handle pricing? ( Of course I will not charge for the labour involved)

Will the "perfect" quads justify a higher price so the worse (but still very good) quads can go for a lower price ????

Regards,

Jan

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...DY5aEVMSjB2VW1rZVVKWm1ueGxNdkE&hl=en_US#gid=0

if you offer a closer match set, everybody will ask for the closer match, whether they need it or not.

For that reason I added a premium to all the better matched pairs. In my view this may make my customer think about value and what he/she really needed.

I failed. I got loads of Members asking for matched pairs and matched sets to build DCB1, when there is no performance advantage to matching in this set up.
DCB1 needs 14jFETs. Of these, two pairs require selected Idss, but not matching. All of the remaining 10jFETs can be virtually random and some don't even need to be k170.

> Will the "perfect" quads justify a higher price so the worse (but still very good) quads can go for a lower price ????

Yes, I think that is fair.
So e.g. you can charge 1.3x for the perfect sets, and 0.7x for the less perfect.

But I think you need to make the measurements first.
Maybe your batch is large enough such that you can get good pairs with little "rejects".
That is why the batch size and the pre-matching from Spencer is so important.

If they turned out to be all perfect (which I doubt), you might IMHO still charge a small premium and then donate to the forum, if you so wish.

Patrick

Last edited:
Tnx Andrew, in this case the better match makes sense, because my sale is intended for the F5X Case buyers in the first place, I will sell maybe a few to non case buyers , but they will propbably use it for F(X)5 as well.
You are in my target group so if you are interested please sign up in the spreadsheet.

Ok Patrick, I agree with your suggestions.

I just received the shipment from Spencer, so I have look into preparing the matching.
(My time is linited and I understand that it may take some time before the PCB

Bear in mind the drain current is very sensitive to temperature, and you need to give it time to settle to steady state.
Need quite some patience.
this is why I keep reminding builders that DUT to REF comparison works for us amateurs with limited resources.

Once a matched pair are found, it is nice to see the pair of Id track each other as the Vgs is swept through a test range. This is a very precise test and will quickly identify those that are simply Idss selected to better than 0.1%.
90% of Idss selected will fail this test.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.