• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential group buy for F5X components

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks Ashaw. This is what i need:
- 1 kit for a protection board
- 1 kit "everything else"
Speaking about mosfets, Zhoufang can match them within 0,01V, but at 500mA. This mosfets will work at 2A/ 16V. We could propose to zhoufang, matching them in this conditions (via a new groupbuy).

Zoufang quotes lots of significant figures on the measured FETs he offers.
But his accuracy is stated as +-1% in an Email to me.

eg @ 503mA in his testing jig, he will measure 2.0961V, but the tolerance is +-21mV

When a batch of his "matched" devices are re-measured they don't equal what is written on them. They don't even arrive at the order of Vgs the numbers on them would indicate.

Unless he is prepared to specially modify his measuring procedure to suit the F5x, then Zoufang is not a suitable supplier.

I was sold 4 quads sets for two F5x stereo amplifiers.
It turns out I got the standard offerings as described at the beginning of this post, not what I was promised and quoted for.

As supplied they were effectively useless for an F5x.

Just for those here who are a bit worried and thinking of purchasing two kits would people be interested in a supp kit with one or two extra of each component, (depending on the component). this will be cheaper than having two complete kits, as there are a large number of expensive and caps that are all the same value. and the same with some chips. This should be quite a lot cheaper.

Alexis, if we do end up with this as an option (1 complete kit + spares), then I'd need one kit, and not two....

CanAm Man = Ken Walsh

listing of protection kit including smd components and an optional spare set of smds

Would each Member please check I have listed your interest correctly.
If I have misspelt please correct and repost.

pchw 1 kit
nicmac 3 kits
ramallo 2 kits
canamman 2 kits
studley 1 kit
johnwmclean 2 kits
nikon1975 1kit
andrewt 2 kits + 2spares
heinz1 1 kit + 1 spares
oneoclock 1 kit + 1 spares
mravinsky 1 kit + 1 spares
jbdv 2 kits
apk 2 kits
ceevee 2 kits

Last edited:
Would each Member please check I have listed your interest correctly.
If I have misspelt please correct and repost.

pchw 1 kit
nicmac 3 kits
ramallo 2 kits
canamman 1 kit + 1 spares
studley 1 kit
johnwmclean 2 kits
nikon1975 1kit
andrewt 2 kits + 2spares
heinz1 1 kit + 1 spares
jbdv 2 kits
apk 2 kits
ceevee 2 kits

Thankyou Andrew, I am quite busy atm sorry for the quiet.
So to set the record strait, there are three kits under consideration here, A kit with exactly the correct components for the protection board for USD43 a kit with spare parts for each of the component in the ablove kit, and a kit with all the small parts for one channel of the F5X for which there has not yet been a GB. The later would mean that if you have participated in the PRP GB and the Fuku GB and the IEC GB and the Case GB, and the board GB, all you would need to purchase are the capacitors for the PSU, Binding posts, and XLA connectors. I will have parts lists and prices for these later kits soon.

I have arranged that postage will be through the same distributors as the previous GBs, In europe I will have to withold 19% VAT and the shipping looks like it will be seperate so it will cost about EUR 8 for shipping

In the USA it will cost about USD 10 for shipping.

In asia it will cost about AUD 10 for shipping from me directly. If you are in the Sydney metro area, you can also pick up the components from me directly.

Also I will quote the list of participants
pchw 1 kit
nicmac 3 kits
ramallo 2 kits
studley 1 kit
johnwmclean 2 kits
nikon1975 1kit
andrewt 2 kits + 2spares
heinz1 1 kit + 1 spares
jbdv 2 kits
apk 2 kits
ceevee 2 kits

please check and re-post.

pchw 1 kit
nicmac 3 kits
ramallo 2 kits
studley 1 kit
johnwmclean 2 kits
nikon1975 1kit
andrewt 2 kits + 2spares
heinz1 1 kit + 1 spares, 2 small parts kit for one channel
jbdv 2 kits
apk 2 kits
ceevee 2 kits
pmchoong 1 kit + 1 spare

pchw 1 kit + 1 spare
nicmac 3 kits
ramallo 2 kits
studley 1 kit
johnwmclean 2 kits
nikon1975 1kit
andrewt 2 kits + 2spares
jbdv 2 kits
apk 2 kits
ceevee 2 kits
pmchoong 1 kit + 1 spare

pchw 1 kit + 1 spare
nicmac 3 kits
ramallo 1 kit + 1 spare
studley 1 kit
johnwmclean 2 kits
nikon1975 1kit
andrewt 2 kits + 2spares
jbdv 2 kits
apk 2 kits
ceevee 2 kits
pmchoong 1 kit + 1 spare

------------------
I made a change on my order

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.