• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential EUVL F5X designed case user distribution check

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
John,

We are now ready to ship the one set to you for heatsink fitting as promised, even before final payment.
We sent you a PM asking for address confirmation and also shipment method.

Please get in touch by PM or email asap.

We'll post a photo of the new front panels, etc before shipping.

Thanks,
Patrick

Another update :

This is the first of the new panels after finishing, ready to ship to John for heatsink fitting if he would get in touch.
The rest should be ready next week, as we are reworking the two spare ones. Mark promised to give me shipment costs then, so that I can let John arrange final payment.

The rest (incl. Beta PCBs) will be announced over the F5X thread, as it might involve others.

Patrick

Attachments

• FRONT_PANEL_John.jpg
    FRONT_PANEL_John.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 250
I reported in post #582 about a temperature problem with the regulator heat sink.

I am happy to report that we are now close to a solution, though not quite.

Mark has tested rectifier and regulator at fill load on a Fischer SK098 heat sink.
The temperature rise above ambient was 35°C. Under normal circumstances, it would have been just fine.
But since we expect a higher temperature below the top cover (assuming 15°C above ambient), we would like to lower it further by 5~10°C.

So we are going to test 2x custom machine SK466 with fins vertical, mounted to a special adaptor piece which holds the rectifiers and the regulator.
If this makes the necessary improvements, we shall then proceed to release the mechanical sub-assembly for the regulator as well.

You can then choose to stay with the CRC solution, for which we provide all parts, or the regulator solution at some additional expense.
(GB heat sinks from Fischer direct, plus adaptor kit from us).

From what I heard, at least one tester like the regulator a touch more. But I shall let the test team report their findings in detail.

Patrick

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
Some good news to cheer you up during the New Year time.
I get confirmed from the vendor the F5 case "should" be able to ship to Hong Kong during next week. In here I want to reconfirm the shipping address of those "distributors" and those individual in Asia.
Plse send me your address via my email mark dot amc8 at gmail dot com.
Distributors are:
Europe smyslow (Austria, 14 boxes)
USA pchw (11 boxes)
Japan Nikon1975 Tokyo 104-0033 Yes? (1 box)
Australia Alex Shaw (1 box, the second one later)
Malaysia pmchoong (1 box)
Australia Johnmclean 1 box sent already
Totally 28 boxes to be sent out.
Pls reconfirm your address a.s.a.p. I can get a discount from DHL if I send all at once.
I can only confirm the shipping cost after I got your address.
Thanks a lot!
Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.