Post your Solid State pics here

Time for an upgrade - new front panel for my MF XA50 clone now with PGA Pre and bigger OLED screen.

IMG_9253.jpg

I put this together a couple of years ago when I un-covered my ELECTOR magazine: "Medium Power Amp" that I abandoned after I had spent a small fortune on and hundreds of hours trying to get it to stay working as it simply blew all the output transistors after a few minutes running, time and time again (I lost count.) Matching all the devices and replacing them all was agonising, so I replaced the 2x boards with the JLM L20 V 9.2 and now have an excellent sounding totally reliable amplifier :)

Attachments

• P1070417.jpg
    P1070417.jpg
    1,000.5 KB · Views: 966
Last edited:
Wise decision :). Very clean lay out inside :)
Thanks very much routhan. To be honest it was knocked up pretty quickly just to save the case and power supply sitting around wasted. I was so impressed by the sound quality I use it for my main amplifier.. I will very soon replace the input capacitor with an MKP one as there is quite a bit of room to do so. Even so it hasn't stopped me wondering if there are even better boards to be had...such is the mind of human nature.