Post a Picture that Makes You Laugh

I was struck by this image of Britain in April 1945:

Hrh_Princess_Elizabeth_in_the_Auxiliary_Territorial_Service,_April_1945_TR2832.jpg

Who is this well-turned out Lady? In a nicely polished truck.

Looks like a Hollywood scene. In fact it is Real Life. Gaw'd bless yer Ma'am.

I didn't know cameras were so good back in WW2. I think this is colour slide film.

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't know cameras were so good back in WW2. I think this is colour slide film
"ZEISS has been providing the camera lenses of choice for more than 100 years. The story began with the famous Planar® invented in 1896."
Kodachrome was introduced in 1936, I believe. The resolution of that film is astounding.

That young woman looks familiar. There is something regal about her bearing.

Pete

Reactions: 2 users
I was struck by this image of Britain in April 1945:

View attachment 1211197

Who is this well-turned out Lady? In a nicely polished truck.

Looks like a Hollywood scene. In fact it is Real Life. Gaw'd bless yer Ma'am.

I didn't know cameras were so good back in WW2. I think this is colour slide film.
The troops going into the war were in relatively new clothes. The vehicles were new, clean, and didn’t have many scratches. It’s one of the problems I have with war movies, the equipment is all worn out.

I worked with a lady who’s aunt was a SSGT photographer in WWII. She had several remarkable pictures on her desk. One of Ike talking to Bradley and other generals. Remarkably clear photos from a Brownie camera. I think they got the best film available which helps a lot.

Reactions: 1 user