Possibly THE worst amplifier/battery wiring I've seen in a car!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Rumour has it, he's just smoked an amplifier, I can't imagine how!

He did replace the grounds with 0ga back to the batteries, but that was about it.

I guess when you try to draw ~400amps from a battery that doesn't even get a cranking rating, as its most likely a golf cart battery, things go wrong!

I'm new here and not sure this is going to the right person, but the photo of the install (battery set up) is beautiful. Having worked in large construction all my life and admired the craftmanship of large bore piping and electrical installations, I just love this install.

Please keep an eye out for some of my posts I will be making as I am attempting two projects. (1) install stereo system (2) upgrade aux. power system in my VW bus / camper.

I know not much at all (lol) but am astute and capable of both doing the research, drawing the schematics and doing the work myself and willing to go slowly.

Again I really appreciated the quality I see in this photo.

wb

white bird,
I really hope you're speaking of that nicely built setup in post #15, not of the craptronics! :D
otherwise, if you meant to be sarcastic, I didn't get it (as english is not my first language).

I am 18, and many of my classmates keep pushing their car forward by using an as-large-as-possible woofer (damnit, it hurts when they play it too loud and you're inside that car!!). Anyhow, I really hate such car stereos. Luckily I have never seen their circuitry, but as we arre attendants of a technical school, I hope they did a good job.

I am doing electronic design as a hobby and as a specialization of my department's education (mechatronics) and I am the only one actually caring about EMI and perfect compliance with all restrictions, rules and dictates existing here in Austria! I want the stuff I create to be reliable and long-lasting as well as well performing, so why should I create such unnessecary waste dumps of electronis and money?
Afraidingly, many people think exactly the other way round ...

Yes I was referring to post #15 ! (had to go look it up)

Again nice work! I so appreciate the care taken to make those connections look so good.

Thanks for the feedback!

That was the battery setup in my car, its currently removed though :(

Two runs of 0ga to the front battery, with a 300amp fuse on each end, of each cable.

Then two positive runs to each amp, fused at 200amps each,

and of course, two negatives to each amp, and two 0ga negatives to the front battery! ;)

Oh, and the cable runs to the front battery are connected to the two outer ends of the bus bars, so the voltage drop along the bus bars is as low as possible!

Last edited:
gotcable.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.