Possible intermittent Micalex tube socket?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Them old Sylvania STR 6l6s are just beautiful lol really nails the characteristic 6l6 hauntingly airy/glassy highs and monster low end, I got some RCAs that sound nice too they have richer midrange need post a picture I'm entirely sure they are eal RCA grey plate 6l6s, they have RCA labels....but the plates do look a bit odd Didn't Phillips and Sylvania also make a shorter bottle/glass 6l6? I know for sure its not a GE side getter 6l6 wish I had a pair though lol.

they are still running a bit hot I need a little more - grid voltage I got em at -38 really need to put about -42--45 on them and the 220k splitters too.... I should lower those a bit as well kinda up there for 6l6 in my opinion they will run fine with them its harder on them but its still ok but still be nicer to get to about 150-180k

still a few other things I'm not sure about or like someone whoever had this amp loved a really clean and super bright tone they put polycarbonates on PI grid 2 and off presence to ground.....its too brash and bright pretty clear but still that harsh/brashieness, a few in tone pots as well.... makes for great and 3D cleans though.

went from the stock 100k feedback resistor to 130k at first that was pretty cool less damping then went to 150k again pretty cool its weird though it like gets/feels stiffer but yet more open and wider? that video steel had the stock 100k with less feedback it does get waaay louder but clarity improves to me/brings out more character but that's subjective.

now I know that's risking blowing that power transformer BIG time lol It seems to be fine though and not hurting anything yet they seem to like -52 to -50 on the grids really well I think I had some wires hooked up wrong/crossed rectifier related lol, but the bass is tighter now and not flubbing/flabing out anymore lol

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.