Portable mp3 players - which one for jogging / running ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
windsonian said:
Other products (iRiver for example) just use a windows drag and drop.

I've never really understood why anyone would actually prefer using drag and drop in Windows Explorer over using a Music-Management app such as iTunes. With iTunes, it is much easier and much faster to find the music that you want.

windsonian said:
Perfect case: A mate of mine recently went overseas. He just bought a new iPod to take with him. I helped him transfer a bunch of his CD's to mp3 form and burn them, so he was only carrying 7 or 8 CD's, not dozens. Because he's travelling around a bit, he won't have a PC that's his to install software on. A drag and drop solution would be infinitely better in his case.

He's got an iPod and you used mp3s?

As I said, if you really want drag and drop from Windows Explorer, there are solutions out there. In this case he could even have stored the necessary program on his iPod (or one of the CDs).

HarryDymond said:

I've never really understood why anyone would actually prefer using drag and drop in Windows Explorer over using a Music-Management app such as iTunes. With iTunes, it is much easier and much faster to find the music that you want.
Yes, it's good IF YOU HAVE THE PROGRAM INSTALLED!!! Therefore it only really works on 1 PC (or several that you've got your own programs installed on at least). And as for much faster/easier, my mp3's are pretty well catalogued, so it wouldn't be much easier another way.

I think you missed my point that it's not a good system for taking to someone else's computer

HarryDymond said:
He's got an iPod and you used mp3s?

As I said, if you really want drag and drop from Windows Explorer, there are solutions out there. In this case he could even have stored the necessary program on his iPod (or one of the CDs).
Once again, you missed my point. I don't want to use drag and drop because the interface is easier, I want to use it because every PC (with windows) has it, and you don't have to install a program to do it.

Expansion of my example: My mate goes to someone's house that he meets overseas. "Can I borrow your PC for a minute?". Plugs in, inserts CD, sets up file transfer .... presto. No installation of foreign programs onto new mate's PC.

Or possibly even an internet cafe ... if they allow CD's. They certainly wouldn't want external programs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.