Portable HIFI ( or somthing close )

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here are the Photo's of the per-posed boards, it uses several low cost IC's for several tasks,

CN1185 for battery check
CN5136 for the DC-DC bit
CN3063 for the solar charging
PAM8303D for the amplifier ( 2X )

i will sell the board if it lives up to my expectations.
and then i want to sell it in combination with flexible solar panels of 1mm thick and Ive found some 3" Vifa speakers with neodymium magnets, that are light weight, i also have 2" Aura speakers for this.
I think Polymer cells are best, with solar you can hardly overcharge them, and they come with protection board for under and over voltage.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I only found today this topic, very good, I'd really like to have something *portable*.
In my case, no problem for batteries (I'm an RC modeler and I have LiPo battery packs :)), but I'm very interested to a couple of GOOD and PORTABLE speakers!!!
Please notice that LiPo and Li-Ion batteries could be *very dangerous*. Don't do anything with these kind of batteries if you don't know how they work!!
Info here:
Complete Guide to Lithium Polymer Batteries and LiPo Failure Reports - RC Groups
Bye!!

I hope that this thread is still getting a little attention...I've been working on a setup with pretty good success. I'm using the ta2024 board with the liions and getting really great results. I'm just putting them into a center channel speaker and screwing a handle to the whole thing...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.