Poor Man's Strad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: PMS baffle.

castlesteve said:
I am also wondering about this. I would have started building a while ago if i didn`t have to build this curved front baffle. Should i make a flat baffle for the drivers to recess into and then angle the baffle away with an angled mitre? The back could then be made flat which would also make things easier. I have the drivers and will have the crossovers soon so i`m keen to get started on the cabinets.
Steve.

Well, this is my take on the PMS angle. I am getting 2 different number for the straight line. Not sure which is correct.

Attachments

• pms angle.jpg
    pms angle.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 1,401
Hi,
I've been reading couple threads in the forum and been talking to couple guys who really had finished their PMS and I am lucky to have their advices in building this PMS speakers.
Therefore I try to start my journey in building this hard to build speakers with limited wood working knowledge and of course limited tools too. The first face panel is done and hope I could spare time to finsih the second panel.:nod:

Attachments

• pms 01.jpg
    pms 01.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 1,332
albertli said:
Hi,
I've been reading couple threads in the forum and been talking to couple guys who really had finished their PMS and I am lucky to have their advices in building this PMS speakers.
Therefore I try to start my journey in building this hard to build speakers with limited wood working knowledge and of course limited tools too. The first face panel is done and hope I could spare time to finsih the second panel.:nod:

http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/PMS_builders.htm

Hi,

Once again I'll caution Troels indicated the "standard" version shown
at the bottom of the above page had some problems with resonances
and a more extensive internal bracing regime should be adopted.

:)/sreten.

SamL

I use my friend's work shop, but I can't touch their tools. The only tool I can use is the table saw and this is why I try to finish this speakers there. I don't think I could make this speakers without the big table saw which can cut those angle stripes into size so to make the turns on both side of the panels.

HI, great work

I have Ellam, Troels speakers sound fantastic!!
this holiday I hope start the d'appolito config...

Please report what wide baffled speakers do??

I suggest for fine tunning tray different R , kiwame, duelund ,mox are not so good for me..
for caps I use claritycaps ,amphom ,mundurf, whit mkp vishay bypass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.