POLL: Which is your fave Pass design ? F3, F4, F5, AJ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Is that why I should go for the M2?

Why F4 rated so low?
I guess its sound depends more on the preamp as it has unity gain at most.

That's what the 6 moons review said throughout about the F4. I don't have a preamp, nor plan on getting one, since a DAC would be my only source. If the DAC I go for has a remote volume/balance control (ie. Berkeley Alpha DAC II), why get a preamp?
True most DAC models' output voltage is only ~ 3V max-probably not enough for the F4 to drive the world's most efficient speakers. So enter the M2. But which amp sounds better?

Joined 2000
Paid Member
the F3 Sounds increadeble

Always good to hear! I'm a few connections away from finishing mine.
Check the power supply...

Attachments

• zen9_ps-checkjpg.jpg
    zen9_ps-checkjpg.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 565
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
sonic wise is on par with others ....... every FW amp is for different role and taste

but it's most wakoo and witty , at least for my kinky taste

of course that Mighty ZM SIT will be Death Of Them All :devilr: ............ but first I need to find some spare time

odd - I have it on paper and in my head from NY (approx.) , still didn't make one solder blob on it

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
nope

besides all most positive things Papa gave me , I brought mental block with me , too .

it took me 3 months to drew something at least partially different than his schmtcs

Papa have multiple different folders , each one filled with files ....... all together in folder named "design permutations"

they all are named with acronyms ,by strict nomenclature .

just that nomenclature is condensed knowledge , per se , and seeing it worth gold ........ and enough for mental block of poor ZM

:rofl:

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.