• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Poll..anyone interested in an Aikido linestage PCB group buy?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How many transformers are needed ? 2 or 1 ?
That all depends on how one likes to build their psu's..some like to have reserve current or full dual mono psu's ..in that case get 2 transformers...

So far I've just used one. And have gone psuedo mono by splitting of after the first rc or lc network and having a seperate rc for each channel.

Bas Horneman said:

That all depends on how one likes to build their psu's..some like to have reserve current or full dual mono psu's ..in that case get 2 transformers...

So far I've just used one. And have gone psuedo mono by splitting of after the first rc or lc network and having a seperate rc for each channel.

The 2 transformers that i have pasted here are those the correct valuse ? Ill order 2 : O ) but what one ?

The 2 transformers that i have pasted here are those the correct valuse ? Ill order 2 : O ) but what one ?
I'll have to answer you tomorrow..this is the second night in a row that I've gone to bed 2:30 am...I think I might give you a wrong answer......ok... I'll try anyway..probably can't fall asleep anyway..

I think the 269AX looks suitable with its 125-0-125 you will need to connect the tube rectifier (if you are going to use one) to 125 and 125 (leave 0 disconnected...) to give you around 250VAC (use hybrid graetz bridge to derive a 0) to arrive at around 220DC as suggested by John Broskie. Tune the voltage with the first cap...

Goodnight.. :)

Bas Horneman said:

I'll have to answer you tomorrow..this is the second night in a row that I've gone to bed 2:30 am...I think I might give you a wrong answer......ok... I'll try anyway..probably can't fall asleep anyway..

I think the 269AX looks suitable with its 125-0-125 you will need to connect the tube rectifier (if you are going to use one) to 125 and 125 (leave 0 disconnected...) to give you around 250VAC (use hybrid graetz bridge to derive a 0) to arrive at around 220DC as suggested by John Broskie. Tune the voltage with the first cap...

Goodnight.. :)

Any more info on the power transofmers ?

When do we pay for the boards ?

What transfomer should i buy. ? I need to buy 2 of them one per channel.

I just had a search for the 269AX..and it fits the job like a glove.
here is another example of a psu for the Aikido...although the voltage b+ is too high..(you can "dial" in to the right voltage by using a smaller first cap

Attachments

• bender3a.gif
    bender3a.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 1,392
Bas,
thanks for getting me interested in the Aikido, and for the proofing that circuits from tubecad can actually be built and listened to...;)
I maybe a good idea to be a little more specific and detailed in your description of the PS and all the things needed to get the novice started.
It would be nice to package all the info for the construction.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.