Pls Comment on My MTMWW Design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm in the begining stages of designing my next set of speakers. They're an MTM ww 3 way probably using the following drivers:

Tweeter: SEAS 27TDFC or Scan Speak 2905
Mids: Vifa P13WH or Peerless 850108 (CSX)
Woofers: Peerless 850146 (CSX)

I'm also thinking about using a series crossover. What do you think?? Anyone out there use these drivers in a 3 way yet? If so what crossover did you use & how does it sound? The box would be a sealed desing of about 80 - 85 Liters with an internal sealed enclosure for the MIDs. Yes I know that's a pretty big encloser, my Datyon 8s are about that size. Anyway I would love any thoughts or advice any of you might have on this design. the only thing in concrete is my choice of woofers since I already bought four 850146s.

Attachments

• rough 3 way frt.jpg
    rough 3 way frt.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 769
Paul W said:
I think the dipole suggestion is a good one...not to save cost, but for SQ. Heck, I'd go dipole with the woofs! Maybe a little higher definition mids.

I'v thought about this but from what I've read and understand the crossover gets even more complicated with a dipole. What higher definition mids are there that are still as easy to work with..nice smooth roll offs?

I've looked at your website many times and drooled over your speakers. they must sound awesome.

Series xo's can work well, but a pain to tweak. SW optimizers, at least LspCAD, won't work with them.

4-way dipoles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.