• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Plitron Toroids for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: 750VA Plitron

AR_sound said:

Hi Anthony,

Please Email me some info regarding this trafo
Avi0308@bezeqint.net

Is it custom made or off the shelf plitron?

What is the primery voltage?
30v *2 ? (for dual mono I look for two 330v transformers, but maybe I can go for big one 750 trafo?)

Whight and size, and delivery price to israel.

Thanks,
Avi

Hello Avi, shipping to Israel will be quite expensive, easily over $40 USD via surface, probably closer to $60 USD. I sent a package to Greece recently that wieghed half as much and the cost was $30 via surface.

Anthony

Coulomb said:
These are sold.

Plitron Screened and Shielded
2 x 40VAC 1KVA $200 USD for a pair plus shipping.

These are available.

Plitron Screened and Shielded
2 x 60VAC 1KVA $200 USD for a pair plus shipping.

Regards

Anthony

Anthony will any of these be good for a lower powered aleph x ?

Coulomb said:

Unfortunately not Jason, the voltages are way to high for any power Aelph X, which is why I am selling these.

I will be looking for something in the 15 to 20 volt range for my AelpH X boards soon, I will keep a look out for you.

Anthony

Thanks Anthony. I'm looking to build a small version of the aleph x nothing over 20watts. I'm looking at designing a small board to use.

Do all aleph x's have to have a min of 4 output fet's ?

Coulomb said:

Unfortunately not Jason, the voltages are way to high for any power Aelph X, which is why I am selling these.

I will be looking for something in the 15 to 20 volt range for my AelpH X boards soon, I will keep a look out for you.

Anthony

Someone suggested wiring the primaries for 220 volts instead of 115 to half the output from the secondaries. Are there any side effects from this suggestion?

regards

Dave

phoneisbusy said:

Someone suggested wiring the primaries for 220 volts instead of 115 to half the output from the secondaries. Are there any side effects from this suggestion?

regards

Dave

You mean applying 115V across the primaries as if it were being wired for 220.

No it would however drop the VA rating to 500VA.

That would only help the 2 x 40VAC not really the 2 x 60VAC, and the 2 x 40VAC are sold now.

Regards

Anthony

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
I bought a small transformer from Anthony back in April and it took him a little while to send it out but I did eventually get it about a month later in fine condition.

I only know of his one email address so if he hasn't replied he probably hasn't been checking his email.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
I am waiting for months for a pcb from him. I can only suggest to stay clear from doing business with this guy. I did send my stuff I traded with him the week we agreed.

Never had a bad experience with people from several different countries. This is the first one so I feel a warning is justified. I asked here in threads if he could reply and I mailed him a few times. It seems even that is too much for him.

Well, I really don't like to air my dirty laundry, I am just trying to get him to respond to at least tell me where we stand. He last replied about a month after I paid him and said he was moving and that there was a mix up and it got neglected to be sent, after that I haven't heard from him since (4 months in total).

Someone else said they finally got their stuff from him after a long duration and that he was having some health issues. I can be understanding of that sort of situation but a simple reply saying such isn't so much to ask.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.