Please I need you:Full Range with high efficiency

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
L.Cao F6 is at least as sensitive in the lower mids as the Eminence Delta Pro8A rated 97.8dB and very extended - especially for no whizzer - its an excellent speaker

Green trace= Delta Pro8A Red trace = L.Cao F6
Ba1HChe.gif

kHCnUgx.jpg

HI my dear friends!!!
I'm so sorry for my long absence, but lately my health's conditions have worsened, but now I'm feeling better, luckily!!!
Anyway...guys, you can't imagine how great was the surprise of seeing all these new posts!!!what a surprise, guys!!! I thank you;)
Wow these L.Cao F6 seem fantastic to me...and they're very, very suitable for my project.:yummy:
Since these speakers have only 12 watt each and the amplifier has an output power of 10-12 watt I thought that I can use two L.Cao F6 speakers for each box.
What do you think about this idea, my friends?
Could you suggest me some web-site or some on line shop where I can buy
them , please?...I would prefer to buy them in Europa, if this it's possible, in order to spend less money for the delivery.
I thank you once again for your support and for your kindness.;)
Ciao
Pietro

I don't think you need to double up the drivers. With 10-12 watts, one is sufficient, unless you like to turn the music up really loud. :D

That said, it might be cool to have two drivers per enclosure. If doing this, I would build something like a Metronome or a TQWT, but with one of the drivers rolled off with an inductor as BSC compensation. IMO two full range drivers running wide open sort of destroys the point source aspect, which is a big part of the charm.

You could also run a single driver with the suggested contour filter.

I don't recall the precise specs on these. It's possible the required enclosure for two would be very large.

It appears that most people get them from the seller in Hong Kong.

I don't think you need to double up the drivers. With 10-12 watts, one is sufficient, unless you like to turn the music up really loud. :D

That said, it might be cool to have two drivers per enclosure. If doing this, I would build something like a Metronome or a TQWT, but with one of the drivers rolled off with an inductor as BSC compensation. IMO two full range drivers running wide open sort of destroys the point source aspect, which is a big part of the charm.

You could also run a single driver with the suggested contour filter.

I don't recall the precise specs on these. It's possible the required enclosure for two would be very large.

It appears that most people get them from the seller in Hong Kong.

Thank you Greg!!!;)
Please be patience with me,Greg...I'm a duffer researching in the web:(:would you mind giving me the correct website of the seller in Hong Kong?...Believe me: I can't find the website of this seller, unfortunately: Eek:
So any help will be welcome!!!: O
Thank you for helping me;)
Ciao:wave::wave::wave:

Thank you Greg!!!;)
Please be patience with me,Greg...I'm a duffer researching in the web:(:would you mind giving me the correct website of the seller in Hong Kong?...Believe me: I can't find the website of this seller, unfortunately: Eek:
So any help will be welcome!!!: O
Thank you for helping me;)
Ciao:wave::wave::wave:

I don't know if there is a website. They sell on ebay. I don't have any direct experience with this seller.

anitaydavid on Ebay

With your initial requirement of 40 l maximum, I think you will be limited to one driver per enclosure. There are two versions of this 6.5" ferrite magnet driver offered, plus one more (at least) in alnico. These drivers have moderate in between specifications, and could potentially be used in a bass reflex, TQWT or ML-TL. As you get closer to choosing, I'm sure someone could help you with a cabinet design.

i'm adding myself to the group advicing L.Cao F6.

recently i finished a pair of them in a big BR box, the old plan suggested for their predecessors Diatone P610. I built them for a friend, reading good things about the drivers.. i'm not a fan of bassreflex enclosures but it was a simple and well known construction.. and in the end i liked it much more than i expected. i used very little damping combined with a 'tozawa resonator' hanging in the center-axis, thanks to the bigger dimensions the sound wasn't choked and because of minimal damping (but more diffusion) bass wasn't muddy. the drivers are small but don't force them into a smaller enclosure, they shine when they have a space to breath in.

Attachments

• P610-cabinet.jpg
    P610-cabinet.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 332
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.