Please help with the designing of a passive crossover network!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Re: Completed crossover network with Zobel circuits.

Big_Bill said:
Brothers, it wore me out!

Im pretty tired of 3way crossovers too :bawling:

Looks like this now

Attachments

• filter 2.png
    filter 2.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 140
Re: Re: Completed crossover network with Zobel circuits.

tinitus said:

Im pretty tired of 3way crossovers too :bawling:

Looks like this now

Thanks for the post Tinitus!

Ted pointed out the resistors are side by side. I was worn out by the that point in the assembly and wasnt thinking clearly. I'll fix that little mistake in the morning!

Do you have a pic of your completed crossover?

Bill.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Re: Re: Re: Completed crossover network with Zobel circuits.

Big_Bill said:

Do you have a pic of your completed crossover?

Bill.

Sorry, I have no pictures

I assemble/layout exactly like schematic, on plywood
I use solid core copper wire
Each driver section as far away from each other as possible
Seperate ground wire for each section, joined at speaker terminal

I use ordinary standard components, mostly

This last "simplification" resulted in months of work
It has taken me more than 5years to get to this XO, and have used at least half a kilo solder(no joke)
Speakers are ok now, and ready to fix the xo
Thats a point I always find difficult, to close it and say "no more, done"
:)

Crossover issues.

Hey guys!

Iv'e got some issues with my crossover.

The tweeter is one of the problems I found

I re-read some of Rod Elliot's postings and have decided to attenuate the tweeter. I ordered the Dayton audio grade resisters needed from Parts Express tonight, they should be here in a few days. I'm going to wait until they arrive to build the other crossover.

The other issue is the AV 8 "seems" to not be responding at 50 Hz or bellow. I believe this to be true because not only does it not "sound" like it is reproducing anything that low, but also my Pioneer 9500 SA II Integrated Amp (circa 1979)has 50 Hz cut/boost 2,4,6,8 DB circuit that when implemented makes no audible difference. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks, Bill.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
First check all of your circuitry, make sure everything is wired correctly and that there are no breaks.
Make sure that the low pass coil isn't connected to ground, then use that DMM to measure the continuity and DC resistance and include the resistance of your speaker wire in one measurement.

It may be that what you are not hearing is Baffle Step loss.

Baffle diffraction

Moondog55 said:
First check all of your circuitry, make sure everything is wired correctly and that there are no breaks.
Make sure that the low pass coil isn't connected to ground, then use that DMM to measure the continuity and DC resistance and include the resistance of your speaker wire in one measurement.

It may be that what you are not hearing is Baffle Step loss.

It may be baffel step, or the sealed box issue you mentioned earlier. I'll know more when the test tone CD arrives. By the way, anybody know how long does regular post from Australia to states usualy takes?

Bill.

Moondog55 said:
Check the seal around the woofer. Make sure it is airtight

The fellow who sold these to me still had them in the sealed boxes, so I got the thick (sticky on one side) factory gaskets with them. I also smeared more silicone adhesive over the partition seals just to be sure as well. But now that you mention it, the peerless did not come with gaskets. What would you recomend to seal the driver to the cabinet (but so that I can still remove the driver occasionally without performing surgery)?

Bill. ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.