Please check my design for a downfiring dayton 8"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd like to know what people thought of this design.

The driver is the 8" dayton quatro SVC 4 ohm.

Dimensions (without stand)

Outer Height = 21.75"
Outer Width = 9.5"
Outer Length = 9.5"

Inner Height = 20.25"
Inner Width = 8"
Inner Length = 8"

.75 ft^3 internal with 13.9" total port length and 2.5" inner diameter (exactly to dayton's spec)

The legs are each 6" (this is what I'm mostly unsure about.) I don't know whether or not they will be real wood or PVC.

There's approx 3" of space between the driver magnet and the bottom of the port. I thought this was acceptable since it was more than the inner diameter of the port.

I'd line the walls with some acoustic dampening material just like dayton suggests.

I already did the driver sag calculation for the dayton quatro 8 and it was somewhere around 2% of xmax indicating that the driver is OK for this downfiring application.

Any comments are appreciated, thanks.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.