Playing hornresp : 22L tapped horns 30-180hz with 10" speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
..As far as i understand (and manage to say it in english!), S4 is the area of the horn in front of the speaker near outside mouth. So for a 10", we have to take his middle of the speaker to mesure. How do you suggest to mount the 10" speaker "in S4" ?..

As the outline in HR depicts...

Speaker front would go to S4 so it instead of rear, it would be easier.

Of course.

As S4 only make 44sq cm, with 3 mm x 14, half the cone should be masked ?

3 2/3 cm x 12 cm = 44sq cm; ~ 87% in front of the cone (Volume=~0.58L) would be masked.
I work wood pretty well, it's not a problem. I worry about differential sound pressure on the cone.

Why.. Maximum pressure at the throat is suggested by avoiding exceeding ~4 mm cone displacement==> ~3160 Pa= max 164 dB SPL, that is ~1000Pa or 154 dB SPL max at – 10 dB(You've stated a –5 dB lower level in post# 17) where IMO, the mean operational use level would be enough: As my suggestion adds a maximal margin of ~15 dB.

The 10" cone area, can make S4 bigger (i don't know how to say that in english....) than hippotetical if not considered. It's..."as far as i understand"...

Why not show a picture?

Working wood, does the idea should be to make each point of the cone at the same distance of a S4 point, …. ?

IMO not necessary: The small volume in front to the Driver and S4 only affects frequencies above ~1000Hz but could be considered to extend the BW if the box would be a real horn.

b:)

Attachments

• Ciare_CW-258-ND_OD-front.jpg
    Ciare_CW-258-ND_OD-front.jpg
    531.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Ciare_CW-258-ND_front-vol.JPG
    Ciare_CW-258-ND_front-vol.JPG
    891.6 KB · Views: 158
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.