Plasmatweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I see.

How much the single flame's sensitivity. Is it enough for match with Altec288B horn.

Altec288B L-pad to 97db for fit TAD 1601.
So Plasma tweeter close 97db too.(x-over impedance transfer have gain).
Plasma tweeter have a volume knob also could modify gain of over 7khz.
BTW My Diy analog EQ Linearizer could modify gain of over 7khz too.

Last edited:
attachment.php

Plasma Tweeter of 2.1 channel

Plasma speakers are awesome!

Listening to a system with a plasma speaker is simply awesome.
My friends system utilizes a Hill Plasma that goes down to (700 hz)
in conjunction with Apogee ribbon speakers!

No ozone with this speaker as it utilizes helium which prevents ozone
from becoming an issue.

Attachments

• IMG_0453.jpg
    IMG_0453.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_0455.jpg
    IMG_0455.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 270
  • plasma.jpg
    plasma.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 282
I was just at the Museum of Science in Boston yesterday with my wife and kids where they have daily shows about electricity. They used a SERIOUS arc (a meter or more long) to play music. Plasma midrange and tweeter! I wonder what it would take to get some bass in there?

A friend at Bell Labs (around 1969) had all the tech resources in the world and he had AR3s (sealed boxes, very good sound for the time) with Ionovac (or Dukane, I lose track of who owned the brand) tweeters sitting on top. Fantastic is not an exaggeration. All the music seems to come from the blue glow (which may have something to do with the listening experience).

I can picture the session in my mind today.

I think people under-rate the need for tweeter power. You can get it with a plasma tweeter but there are other ways too, with multiple tweeters.

(I had another Bell Labs friend who built a large house around his Klipschorns. I'd rank the Ionovac system higher, except for bone-shaking ability.)

Ben

Last edited:
I was just at the Museum of Science in Boston yesterday with my wife and kids where they have daily shows about electricity. They used a SERIOUS arc (a meter or more long) to play music. Plasma midrange and tweeter! I wonder what it would take to get some bass in there?

Hi Carlp:
You will see it happen asap.
After test Plasma midrange play sound @60 hz is ok.

A friend at Bell Labs (around 1969) had all the tech resources in the world and he had AR3s (sealed boxes, very good sound for the time) with Ionovac (or Dukane, I lose track of who owned the brand) tweeters sitting on top. Fantastic is not an exaggeration. All the music seems to come from the blue glow (which may have something to do with the listening experience).

I can picture the session in my mind today.

I think people under-rate the need for tweeter power. You can get it with a plasma tweeter but there are other ways too, with multiple tweeters.

(I had another Bell Labs friend who built a large house around his Klipschorns. I'd rank the Ionovac system higher, except for bone-shaking ability.)

Ben
Hi Ben:
It sound great.
My next diy purpose is plasma-555.
freq. 350hz~4khz.

No, I meant down to 300hz to 350hz and up to 20kHz of course.
The lowest frequency's are the hardest to produce as they require more displacement the lower you go.
To do this would require a lot of power!
I saw an example on 4hv.org that used a ceramic type transmitting tube.
From the video the flame was huge and was quite loud!
Very clean sounding when it wasn't clipping the audio.

I tried to search for it today but the site wouldn't let me sign in for some reason so it will take me some time to get that straightened out.
It was quite an impressive video.

jer :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.