Planning for my some-day reference system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You guys are very helpful.

Lynn that last post was probably the best advice you could give someone starting out.

I've been reading this forum for about a year or so and have only started to build my first speakers.

There is so much information in this forum it can swamp you so buying a book and starting small is probably the best advice.

If I were the op, i would do what I'm doing myself start with something relatively simple and build from there. You may find that once you've gone through the heartache of designing and more importantly actually building and measuring your first set of speakers that you would prefer to just buy some.

I personally have kept it relatively simple open baffle, multi amp active crossovers on the computer but it is a starting point. I'll be ready for passive crossovers when I have enough experience and skill to tell the difference between what sounds right , measures right and what to do when it doesn't.

I'm currently a bus boy when it comes to speaker design the op is probably a dish washer (no insult intended) there's a long way to go to the Michelin stars. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.