Pioneer RT 707 runs backwards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good evening. My first time on this site so I am hoping to get some good information from all the smart folks that are part of this forum.

I just bought a Pioneer rt 707 that needs some TLC. The main issues is that it appears to run backwards. I am not talking about playback in the reverse mode..... the direction indicator points towards the full reel which seems backwards. Also, if I put the deck into record it automatically reverses the deck and tries to record backwards, which I don't think will work since the erase head is to the left of the record head. Looking for ideas on what I need to tackle. I have the service manual but it does not talk to troubleshooting of problems.

Please help

Bob

First of all, I don't know anything about the inner workings of an RT707 - but I suspect there is a relay that controls the capstain motor direction. It is probably stuck in reverse. In both directions the reel motors will have tension.

It is possible that someone has worked on it previously and swapped a couple wires. In record mode the supply reel should be on the left and it should be filling the reel on the right.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.