Pioneer DVD-A/SACD Player schematics wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm thinking of doing this mod, but I would like to bypass the coupling caps entirely (want to go straight to 2 UcD400 amp modules that have their own coupling caps)

If I would "take" the signal *before* the coupling caps, but keep the caps on the board, will I have the same result than removing the caps and bypassing them with a wire?

I'd like to keep coupling caps on the normal outputs/scart/2 channel out, but add 2 special outputs without the caps coming into play.

Can this be done just by taking the signal before the caps?

I don't even understand why there are coupling caps on CD players anyway - aren't the modern D/A converters free of any DC component anyway?

Final question... in this layout, could a true balanced signal be taken, or is it simply not present?

Thanks

Re: 2channel mod

desjet said:
Hi,
just working on a 868 tweak.
Replaced opamps with AD8620 (good solution because of single 12V voltage supply!) and replaced bypass (100µ) and coupling caps (47µ) with Black Gate FK. Wow, big improvement!
Hi, I'm new on the site. I have a Pioneer DV-868 and I'd like to make the same tweak that you made in 2005 (change the opamp with AD8620):
- is the OPA627 better than the AD8620?
- if I change only the opamp, should I change condenser (capacitator) too?
Thanks a lot Davide.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.