Pink Floyd - 15 year old girl!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It took me many years to be able to pick up by listening to solo's.
Some people have a much better ear than others.
I can barely read music but I can listen to a track determine its key(s) and pick it up from that.

50% of the output comes from the guitar sound and in this case it makes her sound good.
Playing talent and actual guitar sound are two separate entities.

On the parts express forum they were discussing this one recently - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6rBK0BqL2w

Some of those clowns were saying she isn't any good because she puts no heart and soul into it, or some such bull. It's probably just because she looks bored - not challenged at all. Someone was even saying he's convinced the video is sped up to make her look faster than she is.

When you're that good at such a young age; you can go that hard and fast flawlessly for so long, what's the next challenge? Just watching her fingers for that 6 minute video makes me tired.

On the parts express forum they were discussing this one recently - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6rBK0BqL2w

Some of those clowns were saying she isn't any good because she puts no heart and soul into it, or some such bull. It's probably just because she looks bored - not challenged at all. Someone was even saying he's convinced the video is sped up to make her look faster than she is.

When you're that good at such a young age; you can go that hard and fast flawlessly for so long, what's the next challenge? Just watching her fingers for that 6 minute video makes me tired.
I blame it on what the younguns drink thesedays, those overcaffienated extra-sugar energy drinks. :)

Check out this old lady and in particular the solo!
Hey, I like that solo of hers. But I had a quick shock when I saw the name Teresa Russell. For a second I thought it was my favorite Hollywood actress Theresa Russell and wondered WTF happened to her! Then realized she was someone else.... thank goodness. :D :eek:

Attachments

• TheresaRussell.jpg
    TheresaRussell.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 134
  • Theresa_Russell2.jpg
    Theresa_Russell2.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 136
Re Tina S -
A) pretty decent cover of Comfortably Numb - one of the classic lead solos of the era
2) Check out her Moonlight Sonata - while shredding 20plus notes per second just 'cause you can doesn't necessarily make for artistry; that's what I particularly liked about David Gilmour's version of this on recent DVD video - you know, sometimes it's about the "air between the notes";) - Tina definitely has serious chops, and when she's confident enough to take her time, like say Bonny Raitt, well I wanna be around to see that

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.