Piezobee -a very simple and cheap power filter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This thread has become so corrupted i am abandoning it. It will need to be reopened as a new thread where people might feel more free to express their opinions on this device.

Dave why not reopen the thread under your name and give your findings under any title you wish be they positive or negative, as least perhaps we might get some feedback on it.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Here is one more witch to burn (*PS)

Hi all

Bulk Acoustic Wave (BAW) filter came to my mind as a possible explanation to audiojoy’s piezoelectric disk. I have not yet read of any One Port BAW though. But considering the many and complicated factors that make –up the way that BAW filters work, it may be possible that sort of such a device may have been in effect by using a piezoelectric disk the way audiojoy has wired it.

*PS: I read this thread today. I haven’t seen the deleted posts, therefore I can not comment.
What I can say is that audiojoy has made clear that he doesn’t know the source of the effect he has noticed using the piezoelectric disk.
He was also very well mannered in his response to the accusation of introducing Hopus Pocus (i.e. magic)in this site.
He at least doesn’t sell a device of which the principles of operation are -in part or fully- unknown.
His only misstep as I see it, is that he related his finding in an unsupported by factual data way to the functioning of a commercial device (Bybee).

I would be glad if I had done in the past only this sort of mistake myself!

I am in complete agreement with audiojoy in post #37 http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/141618-piezobee-very-simple-cheap-power-filter-4.html#post1803446 and I would like to read a clear response to this post#37

Regards
George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.