Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

reg, not sure that's OT because those are the techniques that are necessary if one adopts liquid cooling for power amps. The physical isolation is key for use with audio. What are you using to regulate the fan speed?
One of these controllers, they are just potentiometers acting as a voltage divider (no active devices involved) AFAIR. I got it for something like 10€ and fits in a 3.5" bay. Nice blue leds and overall finish. I currently have it disassembled due to a new computer I am building, so would you like me to draw down the schematic, resistor values and so?

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/...r-PC-3-5-Floppy-Bay-with-4-Fan-Controller.jpg

It is VERY important to fit the fans with those grommets, so vibrations will not be transferred to the enclosure. Even at 100% full speed, if properly isolated, a Nexus fan will be pretty much silent inside a case.

http://reviewstash.com/files/NF-P14FLX/fanmount.jpg

Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi John,

I got a hint from an other DIY that putting a little 'audio grade' capacitor will give it a better sound, details in the highs and so... because my large Panasonic capacitorbank is computergrade...
I don't know if it really matters, I can't hear the difference.:confused:
But it is common here, to put a large polypropyleen capacitor ( 4u7 - 10 uF) over a big capacitorbank.
You can put some on the F5 board, but you've got to improvise with big wires underneath the board.

Walter

Walter, nice build. What is the purpose of the caps which are mounted on the diyaudio f5 board. Is there are reason they are put there and where do you install them, (before the _+ - voltage in? Does this help the sound quality? I am wondering if I should put some on mine also. thanks, John

i don't know.
My profiles was a "vierkantrohr" (25x25mm). I cut this diagonal with a "flex" and welded on top/down some steel plates, sandblasted and painted.

Attachments

• 9b9faf2d9dbadd4837f812a99bf942c8_kl.jpg
    9b9faf2d9dbadd4837f812a99bf942c8_kl.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,501
  • c53340475b3d9b8db5670e25868e1027_kl.jpg
    c53340475b3d9b8db5670e25868e1027_kl.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,453