Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

hi everbody!

I (proudly ;)) present my two F5 mono-blocks.
Since semptember 2011 I worked on them- it is too much to tell, but now they are ready to make some fascinating music for me. :violin:

The case is made from 10mm aluminium, which is anodized in non-glare black.
Heatsink is the back of the tower case, it was CNC-milled to fit all the in/ouputs.
It was really hard work, I learned much about programming and working on some atmega's and displays, current-measure-IC's and mechanical things.

The PCB's are from the diyaudio shop, and they are perfect!
I have to make some pics from inside, but in the moment its a little bit chaotic.

They sound sooooooo nice, I am speechless.

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERBODY HERE, especially NELSON! (and thanks to martin from austria for all the emails and tips!) ;)
(and sorry for my bad english...)

cheers,
matthias

Attachments

• F5_1.jpg
    F5_1.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 4,081
  • F5_9.jpg
    F5_9.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 1,511
  • F5_8.jpg
    F5_8.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 821
  • F5_7.jpg
    F5_7.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 874
  • F5_6.jpg
    F5_6.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 988
  • F5_5.jpg
    F5_5.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 3,763
  • F5_4.jpg
    F5_4.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 2,141
  • F5_3.jpg
    F5_3.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 2,208
  • F5_2.jpg
    F5_2.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 2,259
Last edited:
hi everbody!

I (proudly ;)) present my two F5 mono-blocks.
Since semptember 2011 I worked on them- it is too much to tell, but now they are ready to make some fascinating music for me. :violin:

The case is made from 10mm aluminium, which is anodized in non-glare black.
Heatsink is the back of the tower case, it was CNC-milled to fit all the in/ouputs.
It was really hard work, I learned much about programming and working on some atmega's and displays, current-measure-IC's and mechanical things.

The PCB's are from the diyaudio shop, and they are perfect!
I have to make some pics from inside, but in the moment its a little bit chaotic.

They sound sooooooo nice, I am speechless.

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERBODY HERE, especially NELSON! (and thanks to martin from austria for all the emails and tips!) ;)
(and sorry for my bad english...)

cheers,
matthias

How did you do the cool displays? Is there a build thread?

hi everybody and thank you for your comments! :)

@NYCOne:
look at my thread here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/198298-few-questions-about-f5-amplifier-3.html

:D

(the video shows only the first steps of programming. some big software bugs are gone now...)

the displays are from ebay. I bought them from a guy in poland.
nice price, very good quality and different colors, too.
the switches are from a case-modding-webshop somewhere in germany...

cheers,
matthias

hi!

its very simple: you need to put the ACS712 in series to R11, and another one in series to R12. then let the software doing the rest! :)

ACS712 delivers about 185mV per ampere. as you know, R11 and R12 are 0.47Ohm resistors, so it is easy to calculate the bias with the controller.

I did it all with bascomAVR, a nice basic-programming tool for the atmel µC-series. If you need any help, feel free to contact me.

cheers,
matthias

hey!

ufff, only an old one, without the mainpower switch and the mains-connector. but with RCA and loudspeaker out.
I made it mirror-inverted, so the other case has got the connectors exactly on the other side of the backside of the heatsinks. (I inverted the amp-pcb and the capacitor-pcb, too ;))

here it is:

Attachments

• F5_10.jpg
    F5_10.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 2,519
Last edited:
hi!

its very simple: you need to put the ACS712 in series to R11, and another one in series to R12. then let the software doing the rest! :)

ACS712 delivers about 185mV per ampere. as you know, R11 and R12 are 0.47Ohm resistors, so it is easy to calculate the bias with the controller.

I did it all with bascomAVR, a nice basic-programming tool for the atmel µC-series. If you need any help, feel free to contact me.

cheers,
matthias

Realy nice ad on of bis settings and temperature and well evveriting

I wuld raly like to do the same on MY F5

Can you share/ post
I may even be interested in buy kit form if you make one :worship:

Attachments

• IMG_1621 klein.jpg
    IMG_1621 klein.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 1,750
  • IMG_1625 klein.jpg
    IMG_1625 klein.jpg