Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

Nice construction, torb! Depending on heat production, you might need to make the holes in the bottom of your chassis larger. My first amp (a40) has an entirely wooden chassis and I perforated the bottom with holes that ultimately needed to be made larger so air would actually flow. I also had to put a spacer under the top lid for more airflow.

Are those speakers a Troels Graveson quarter wave design?

Thanks! I measured 35 C with a kitchen thermometer inside the chassis after an hour of use. It feels like a nice summer day=)

Checked out you homepage, cool builds!

They are his DTQWT mk2, built in 2014. The vfet plays them very well, the only thing missing is a bit of authority they project with more powerful amps.

Glad to hear your internal temp is good. My webpage needs a bit of attention - my employer pulled the plug on faculty web pages a few months ago, so I've had to migrate things to a google site and haven't fully restored all of my work yet.

I've been eyeballing that DTQWT design for a while now thinking it might be a nice build. I'm trying to find a place in the house for "another" set of speakers... Thanks for sharing your impressions with the vfet2 and speaker combo!

I've been eyeballing that DTQWT design for a while now thinking it might be a nice build. I'm trying to find a place in the house for "another" set of speakers... Thanks for sharing your impressions with the vfet2 and speaker combo!

The vfet is by far the best amp I have heard with them. They are nice, the only downside is the bass, which is supposed to be improved in the mk3.

best regards

2 F5T V2 Monoamps

It was great fun building them. They work fine and sound sweet.

Attachments

• _THX3842.jpg
    _THX3842.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 1,169
  • _THX3814.jpg
    _THX3814.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 1,182
  • _THX3790.jpg
    _THX3790.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 1,161
Wow! Not only are those beautiful amps, you have some serious photography skills as well! Very nice work!

Thanks all.
There is allways fun in foto's when soldering is finished.
F5 Manual scared me, 0.4Volts would require me to be "FAB" & own a fireextinguisher. 1st power-on, two months ago, made me looking up again the schematic:eek:
Since then the amps and me are friends.

Attachments

• IMG_1396.jpg
    IMG_1396.jpg
    687.4 KB · Views: 1,497
Last edited: