pictures of my new chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is my new chassis I just finished for 2ch dual mono p3a amplifier. I have used Conrad 300mm by 75mm single flanged heatsinks, front is 1/4" thick, top/bottom/rear is 1/8" thick , bars are 1/2" thick.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Rear speaker output and rca jacks are from the group buy (thanks jrsun).

I am still looking for a nice AC jack with built-in fuse/switch. I am also thinking about painting the rear and bottom panelds flat black.

Wonderfull choice, the chassis...pretty work you have done

Congratulations.

Very good, i like it very much.....your chassis choice was perfect..........

And a "Cop" was near to be "retired" from his Job because some informs he sent on his Radio Comunication Unit....but, as good exists, some informs arrived to Policeman Comunicattion Center that saved the "Cop" to be considered crazy.

John Mattius were going to fish with his beetle, his small Volskwagen , the old German Mr. Ferdinand Porshe design, the car was made in 1936 to be the "peoples car" in the 1000 years Reich in Germany.... not more than 60 horsepower motor the best of them.....but John Had some mechanical problem and stopped in the road.
Herbert flugtman, one young rich german descendent, living in the US was driving his Porshe 911 in normal road speed while cross the near town, his intention is to put a "heavy foot" in its wonderfull car...but stopped to see what's happened with John Mattius.... they could not make the Beetle work, no ignition voltage at all, this way, Herbert offered him to help, if they could find a rope to attach both cars.... the rope was made with a lot of parallell fishing nylon wiring, the heavy gauge and multiple lines made the work, and both cars where coupled mechanically one each other.... and they adjust some codes to comunication..... a long tone, made with the beetle was to ask reduce speed.... and sequences are increase speed because of the scaping gazes of the near Porshe, old model 911.
And they go together, but Herbert, happy with his machine, was increasing speed, and go very fast to the 90 miles hour top speed beetle..... and the wind made so much noise that herbert could not here well the signals made by John!.... and they passed in front of the Police Station where Joe was working..... the message used on radio was near to kick him out from his job!.... they tried to fire him, if one delayed message did not appear in the followed week, Joe will be fired from the Police Corps.

The Radio message was:

Attention all unit, one Porshe 911, a green car, followed by a bettle, believe me or not, they are "flying" around 140 miles per hour speed and the beettle is asking to pass the Porshe...stopped them, i will try to reach them.

John was desperatelly asking Herbert to go slow...his bettle was floating because of flat under chassis.

Your "Keep left lane to faster vehicles remembered me that Story"

If true or untrue.... do not know

regards,

Carlos

Sry heres a link for the Powercon. I purchased one for my headphone amp from Allied Electronics. Its a pretty secure connection, makes a nice confidence building *CLICK* when connected. For some reason it doesnt come with the approaprate screws for mounting it to a chassis but you can find those at any hardware store. BTW dont forget the chassis and plug connectors :)

Thank you everybody for comments :) This one turned out to be better than my previous attempts, and I am quite happy but I still have to decide if I want to drill few hundred small holes in the top cover for ventilation :xeye: . I have learned that it's important to line up then drill/tap things in the right order (one side at a time to get the best fitting). This has been my first chassis where I hand tapped threads in the 1/2 bars and heatsinks so I wouldn't have to use bolts and nuts. Unfortunately I still have to mount two transformers to the bottom and there isn't enough height to have a hidden floor :bawling: Heatsinks did come from Julian, I ordered them over the phone and I am only fitting two p3a channels with two seperate power supplies.

Here is my progess so far. I made a very basic psu board that will hold 4x 10000uf 50v capacitors and possibly have some type of ac filter on the same board. I will replace those stand offs with plastic type of do the board all over if I have to .

Two wide middle traces will connect two transformers with the rear ac jack/fuse holder that I still need to order. Speaker output ground is also attached to that board.

Here is overall view, wiring isn't done yet.

Jean said:
I am still looking for a nice AC jack with built-in fuse/switch. I am also thinking about painting the rear and bottom panelds flat black.

Very nice chassis. Personally, I like those AC modules:

Attachments

• 501-2.jpg
    501-2.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 594
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.