Photo stores in San Fransisco?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a friend who is trying to buy a Nikon lens that seems so popular that there are long waiting lists for it here in Sweden. He is going to SF for a conference in about a week, and thought it might be worth giving it a try to get one there. However, while google usually turns up a lot of commercial pages when you don't want them, we have both failed to come up with anything using google in this case. So if somebody in SF knows any reliable places to buy Nikon products I would be very grateful on behalf of my friend. I suppose stores in downtown SF are mainly interesting, although I don't know exactly where in SF he will be staying. Note that his primary purpose is not to get the lens much cheaper, but just to get hold of one, although he certainly won't mind getting it cheap as well.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, Stan. As long the products they sell are genuine I guess he can live with some attitide problems. I once shopped for my SLR in NY, and there were plenty of stores there with difficult staff, but great prices.
Furthermore, if I didn't completely misunderstand what lens he is buying, Gasser seem to have a sale now so the price is about half that here in Sweden. Sounds great.

Further recommendations are still appreciated, though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.