• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

C3G headphone amp

My first one...

My headphone amplifier using the Siemens c3g, a post tube from the 60's...

I found the schematic on a german forum and immediately liked it for its simplicity. Building the beast took some time, and chasing down some hum issues took me a bit more...;-)

The amp has a large psu with 2 chokes and smallish mkp capacitors (33-22-15 uF) and uses a 5R4 for rectification. In its latest wiring scheme the amp is absolutely dead quiet and just makes music...
and very fine indeed!!

Attachments

• ha_web1.jpg
    ha_web1.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 2,477
SE

Hello.. the plate shows a bright red orange color ,especially in dark room. The topology is class A with grid current without interstage transf. direct from the precedent cathode follower tube.The heatsinks is for the regulated PSU for the 250th heaters .Six transistors for 10,5A 5V tension. No any hum noise and powerfull excellent sound ,,but very hot.. :)

My modified Dynaco ST70 with vintage cloth lead output transformers, SS rectifiction, 4894uF in power supply, 10H 500mA 20R DCR choke, 12AU7 input tube, 12BH7 driver tubes and 6550 output tubes.

Output is 2x44W RMS with this transformer, which is too small (215VA), as it will give 2x60W RMS with my other transformer (500VA).

Attachments

• dynaco 1001.jpg
    dynaco 1001.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 2,347